did ANYONE have a good experience on independence of the seas?

Sadly people are quick to post a negative review, or just list things that upset them rather than spending most of or any of the time listing positives. Also, it seems that most reviews are spent comparing the ship they are reviewing to their most previous cruises - This didn't have what that had etc, (Especially when a ship switches out itineraries with another ship)

I will be going on a b2b on the Indy in Jan and really looking forward to going back on her again.

[quote name='Firefighterhoop']Sadly people are quick to post a negative review, or just list things that upset them rather than spending most of or any of the time listing positives. Also, it seems that most reviews are spent comparing the ship they are reviewing to their most previous cruises - This didn't have what that had etc, (Especially when a ship switches out itineraries with another ship)

I will be going on a b2b on the Indy in Jan and really looking forward to going back on her again.[/QUOTE]

You are so right. What really qualifies as bad on a cruise to me, would be very few items. Slow service in the dining room -- not really: most people eat way too fast (including my DH) and therefore are not in the habit of a slow enjoyable meal. Poor service from the cabin steward or even the wait staff: only if you have made your needs known and those needs are not met. Probably from our 3rd cruise on we developed certain things that we liked to have, and we just nicely ask our cabin attendant or wait staff for them and viola, they are there. I don't complain over changes that the cruise line makes, I just adapt or find ways to have the need met in other ways. A good cruise can be had by ALL. A bad cruise can be had by ANYONE, who wants to look for things to complain about -- gee they can do that from home.

I will be cruising in February, not on Indy (which we tremendously enjoyed), and just can't wait to be onboard a ship again.

What exactly were the negative reviews about? I was on Indy for first and only cruise in July and it was great.

Although I would highly suggest that you don't actually walk into the town of Falmouth on your own. You will get accosted by many Jamaicans and that is just a fact. It can be very unsettling. The shops at the dock are fine, but I'm talking about past the actually dock shops/security.

• 1 month later...
[quote name='princesszjackie']This upcoming Monday, December 14th, I will be setting sail on the Independence of the Seas ship. After reading many reviews, I am a bit concerned. This will be my 10th cruise and I am 23 years old. I have sailed TWICE on the Explorer of the Seas and it was the best experience I have had thusfar. The food was incredible as well as the service and staff. The ship was overwhelmingly amazing and did not remotely compare to the other 8 carnival ships I have been on. Yet, online, many people are complaining about service, drink prices and entertainment. Has anyone had a positive experience on this ship?

In addition, this is the first time I will be docking in Falmouth. I've recently been to Ocho Rios where I went to the Blue hole and had an AMAZING time. However, I am considering going to the Hilton and paying $85 for an all inclusive day in Montego bay. Has anyone done this before? I'd appreciate comments

Thank you,
Jackie[/QUOTE]
How was your cruise? Better than all the critics?

We had a great time on Indy back in February....it was a great ship with lots to do. The dining room even was able to move a few friends to ours from My Time Dining to our table on the 3rd night of the cruise. Our friends just did not enjoy My Time Dining as much as they had hoped they would. All worked out fine in the end.

[quote name='Big_G']Thankfully Cruise Critic wasn't around when we started cruising otherwise I probably would never have stepped one foot on a ship. :D[/QUOTE]

Just like reading restaurant and hotel reviews on Trip Advisor. If I went by them I'd never travel again.

My First Cruise was on RCL. And it was the Indy

This was way back in March but the Indy was the ship that kicked off my cruising addiction with RCL.

Service was awesome all around from the guest service, steward, dining staff, housekeeping right down to medical center. Every crew member had a genuine interest in making the cruise wonderful. Especially Ricky Matthews. He's an awesome CD.

[quote name='princesszjackie']This upcoming Monday, December 14th, I will be setting sail on the Independence of the Seas ship. After reading many reviews, I am a bit concerned. This will be my 10th cruise and I am 23 years old. I have sailed TWICE on the Explorer of the Seas and it was the best experience I have had thusfar. The food was incredible as well as the service and staff. The ship was overwhelmingly amazing and did not remotely compare to the other 8 carnival ships I have been on. Yet, online, many people are complaining about service, drink prices and entertainment. Has anyone had a positive experience on this ship?

In addition, this is the first time I will be docking in Falmouth. I've recently been to Ocho Rios where I went to the Blue hole and had an AMAZING time. However, I am considering going to the Hilton and paying $85 for an all inclusive day in Montego bay. Has anyone done this before? I'd appreciate comments

Thank you,
Jackie[/QUOTE]
We spent two weeks on her December of last year. BEST two weeks of our lives.. Food was great, service was wonderful, and all the ports had plenty to do. The shows were entertaining. People seem to want to find fault with anything and everything these days. Go with an open mind and have a blast. Don't let the bitterness of someone elses reviews dampen your vacation. We've done the inclusive at Montego Bay.. To us, it was worth it..