Ruby Aft Cabins (Mini suites) Is there any to stay away from, any reason not?

jennybenny

My family always books an inside room, they like their location close to the International Café. However, our next cruise we are booking (on our cruise) will be with our friends who are traveling with kids in their room and they don't like the idea of sleeping in twin beds, so they want to do a mini suite. I've never ever done one!

So, I'm game, but since I know nothing about it, no mid ship cabins available. Only Forward and Aft. I prefer the idea of aft and being able to look out back.

Any reason not to do a mini suite on Ruby on say Dolphin deck? Our friends are booking tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks in advance :)

Mini suites are great for us. We have a 17 yr old and he likes the couch versus the bunk since he is pretty tall.

We always book cabins aft since i can get affected by the motion of the ship and seem to feel it less back there. We also always book minis on Emerald deck since they have covered balconies. We do not like being on Dolphin since they make you feel like you are in a fish bowl.

Others might not feel that way but we do, so to each there own.

We also like the bigger bathroom since the boys seem to need more space than i do.

Have fun on your cruise!

The mini-suites are wonderful! Take it! Some people don't like the balconies on Dolphin deck, but I did! The balcony will be uncovered but it's large. Contrary to popular belief, people on higher balconies don't spend their time looking down...

Edited by Working 2 Cruise

Thank you both for your replies. Sounds like the mini is a great idea. I guess I didn't realize the bathrooms were also bigger.

Not sure I like the idea of the fish bowl, but I'm willing to try it out . :) I would probably prefer a covered balcony but those are sold out, and in the end my husband and I are fairly easy going. so it might be perfect. Guess we could request to wait list Emerald deck, it but I appreciate the comments and feel comfortable booking aft.

Thanks,

Jenny

The bathrooms are much bigger. you have a tub with a shower in it so you must step over into the tub. you can actually shave your legs standing or sitting on the side of the tub:)

In the regular bathrooms it is quite difficult to do especially when the ship is rocking.

Have fun. We are in a mini for the New Years Eve cruise and can't wait...

E731 is our favorite cabin.... we love the space of a mini and having a bathtub. The most aft portside minis on Emerald deck may have sound issues from the stage on the deck below. We like being very aft as the dining rooms are close by.