Alamo Shuttle from MIA to Miami Port ?

jackie101

There are 1000's of posts on this Florida forum, where cruise critic members have verified that the Alamo shuttle, unlike Santa Claus or the Live M&M characters from the M&M tv commercials, does exist.

For what it's worth, Alamo's national/regular 800 number agents are notorious for making such statements as the one you mentioned regarding the shuttle, and you are not the first person to relay that information, albeit wrong, on this forum.

That being said, if you don't believe any of your fellow cruise critic members' posts, and want to have someone specifically from to someone at Alamo to verify the shuttle information, you need to speak to someone directly at their Miami office, and not rely on any Alamo agents at the 800 number who really don't know all of the specific information of each individual Alamo office around the world.

In the meantime, if/when you make a reservation on Alamo's website and specifically use Miami Airport as a drop off point, the website has an icon showing a plane and a cruise ship.

Also, after making a reservation, using the Miami Airport location as a drop off or pick up point, your confirmation page has a link to the location labeled "How to find us". When you click on this "How to find us" link for the Miami airport location, a popup comes up that has sections stating the following:

1. Simply follow the purple MIA Mover signs to the third level of the Airport Terminal. Take the moving walkways to the MIA Mover's station to board and be transported to the Rental Car Center located on the fourth level.

2. Upon arrival to the facility, please proceed to the Alamo counter to obtain your rental agreement and vehicle keys.

3. Port Shuttle runs consistently; about a 15-20 min. wait.

I would think that bullet point #3 covers your situation.

Then again, what do I know, as I have personally used the alamo shuttle multiple times.

I called the number with a Florida area code.(844)891-0547 Yes, I am aware that he did not know what he was talking about. I did a search and there were some cites of Alamo and a shuttle, not thousands. Most were not very recent. I don't know why you feel the need to make fun of people. I just stated what the guy on the phone from Florida had told me.

Thanks for the info.

There are 1000's of posts on this Florida forum, where cruise critic members have verified that the Alamo shuttle, unlike Santa Claus or the Live M&M characters from the M&M tv commercials, does exist.

For what it's worth, Alamo's national/regular 800 number agents are notorious for making such statements as the one you mentioned regarding the shuttle, and you are not the first person to relay that information, albeit wrong, on this forum.

That being said, if you don't believe any of your fellow cruise critic members' posts, and want to have someone specifically from to someone at Alamo to verify the shuttle information, you need to speak to someone directly at their Miami office, and not rely on any Alamo agents at the 800 number who really don't know all of the specific information of each individual Alamo office around the world.

In the meantime, if/when you make a reservation on Alamo's website and specifically use Miami Airport as a drop off point, the website has an icon showing a plane and a cruise ship.

Also, after making a reservation, using the Miami Airport location as a drop off or pick up point, your confirmation page has a link to the location labeled "How to find us". When you click on this "How to find us" link for the Miami airport location, a popup comes up that has sections stating the following:

1. Simply follow the purple MIA Mover signs to the third level of the Airport Terminal. Take the moving walkways to the MIA Mover's station to board and be transported to the Rental Car Center located on the fourth level.

2. Upon arrival to the facility, please proceed to the Alamo counter to obtain your rental agreement and vehicle keys.

3. Port Shuttle runs consistently; about a 15-20 min. wait.

I would think that bullet point #3 covers your situation.

Then again, what do I know, as I have personally used the alamo shuttle multiple times.

Not trying to make fun of people.... Just can't stand when wrong information is posted on this board, or when employees of travel companies have no clue of the services offered by the company they work for, and misinform customers.

As stated previously on this forum, and posted many times by myself and other cruisers, the Alamo shuttle goes from the Miami Airport to the Port of Miami. More specifically, you can catch the shuttle on the top level of the car rental center after dropping off your vehicle. You may be asked to show your rental car reservation before being allowed to board. The shuttles that they use are full size buses that have a luggage rack with ample room for everyone's luggage. The front half of the buses are painted blue with the Alamo logo, and the rear are painted green with National's logo.

I have personally used this shuttle in the past, and will probably do so again the next time I cruise from Miami.

• 1 month later...
Not trying to make fun of people.... Just can't stand when wrong information is posted on this board, or when employees of travel companies have no clue of the services offered by the company they work for, and misinform customers.

As stated previously on this forum, and posted many times by myself and other cruisers, the Alamo shuttle goes from the Miami Airport to the Port of Miami. More specifically, you can catch the shuttle on the top level of the car rental center after dropping off your vehicle. You may be asked to show your rental car reservation before being allowed to board. The shuttles that they use are full size buses that have a luggage rack with ample room for everyone's luggage. The front half of the buses are painted blue with the Alamo logo, and the rear are painted green with National's logo.

I have personally used this shuttle in the past, and will probably do so again the next time I cruise from Miami.

Thank you for providing updated information. We did this several years ago and I am happy to hear this continues to exist. We are flying into FLL and renting a car before returning it to MIA the next day. Happy to hear this!

Thank you for providing updated information. We did this several years ago and I am happy to hear this continues to exist. We are flying into FLL and renting a car before returning it to MIA the next day. Happy to hear this!

What is the earliest time I can get a shuttle from MIS to POM? We want to be at the cruise port by 11ish

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It should be running in the morning - they will be picking up passengers at POM and bringing them to MIA, so no reason you can't get a ride to POM. You should be okay dropping the car off about 10:00-10:30 and the shuttle will get you to POM by about 11 or just after.

• 8 months later...
15 hours ago, monjardim said:

What about DOLLAR RENT A CAR? Do they have shuttle between MIA and POM? Thanks

Welcome to the boards! :classic_biggrin:

Unless something has changed, no.  The shuttles between POM and MIA car rental center are offered by National, Alamo, Thrifty and Enterprise. If you get a good deal from another agency an UberX between MIA and POM is only about $20.  Have a great cruise!