Can TAs hold HA cabins?

moki'smommy

Here is the deal. We want to do a cruise that is 7 months from now. Currently there are no HA cabins showing on the web site. My TA called Princess today to confirm that these cabins are not currently available.

I do realize that individuals may have made deposits on these cabins and that there are relatively few on each ship. One or more may open up as the final payment time nears (we can always hope). I also know that TAs can book up blocks of cabins and attempt to resell them. Are they allowed to include HA cabins in those blocks?

I guess what I'm asking is whether it is worth trying to find a TA who might be holding an HA cabin or whether I should just keep checking the Princess site and hoping to some day see one open.

If you're told specific cabins are unavailable, then it's because there are people booked in them.

Not necessarily...

Princess will sometimes allocate certain cabins for B2B bookings. These cabins will show as booked for a single cruise, but as available for booking a B2B.

The OP doesn't provide ship name and embarkation date...if she did, we could check on that for her. If that's the case, a good TA will contact princess to ask that the hold be modified.

PNG%20Sig_zps9bcbhaj9.png

I guess what I'm asking is whether it is worth trying to find a TA who might be holding an HA cabin or whether I should just keep checking the Princess site and hoping to some day see one open.

No' date=' I think it would be better to waitlist the cabin/cat you want. This far out I think they will come available at some point. I think the longer you wait will make it more difficult.

Actually the cruise we want is a B2B....when we were on the CB 2 weeks ago, we saw it listed as a 20 night cruise. On line, I can only find it as 11+9 B2B (Japan, August 4 and 15). I had read stuff on CC about Princess reserving cabins for B2B, so that's why I called my TA yesterday. She was told exactly what I found on line--only inside HAs available.

My daughter has a condition where, on a good day she may be out and around the ship but on a bad day she may not make it any farther than the balcony. For that reason, we strongly prefer a balcony and won't book lower than an oceanview any more. We've done inside cabins years ago when she was more able to get around, but that's just where we are not. I have expressed to her that on this cruise she may have to make a decision--inside or no go--and that waiting too long may mean no HAs at all which would mean she couldn't go.

Thanks for the information--I will call TA back this morning and let her know that we'd like to waitlist for an HA balcony cabin if Princess does that.

Actually the cruise we want is a B2B....when we were on the CB 2 weeks ago' date=' we saw it listed as a 20 night cruise. On line, I can only find it as 11+9 B2B (Japan, August 4 and 15). I had read stuff on CC about Princess reserving cabins for B2B, so that's why I called my TA yesterday. She was told exactly what I found on line--only inside HAs available.

My daughter has a condition where, on a good day she may be out and around the ship but on a bad day she may not make it any farther than the balcony. For that reason, we strongly prefer a balcony and won't book lower than an oceanview any more. We've done inside cabins years ago when she was more able to get around, but that's just where we are not. I have expressed to her that on this cruise she may have to make a decision--inside or no go--and that waiting too long may mean no HAs at all which would mean she couldn't go.

Thanks for the information--I will call TA back this morning and let her know that we'd like to wait-list for an HA balcony cabin if Princess does that.[/quote']

You are right. Tell her to book the inside and ask your TA to put her on the wait-list for a balcony or OV. Something is bound to open up. Be sure to buy cancel for any reason, so if nothing opens & she absolutely wants a balcony...cancel and try again for another sailing.

BTW: we were just on the Star and that ship plus a couple of others have 2 aft HA inside cabins the are mini-suites without the price. No balcony, but the cabin is the same configuration as a mini...very nice.

Not necessarily...

Princess will sometimes allocate certain cabins for B2B bookings. These cabins will show as booked for a single cruise, but as available for booking a B2B.

The OP doesn't provide ship name and embarkation date...if she did, we could check on that for her. If that's the case, a good TA will contact princess to ask that the hold be modified.

PNG%20Sig_zps9bcbhaj9.png

Oh, good point. I hadn't thought of the B2B allocation issue. Hopefully OP's TA checked the segments individually?

We could ask Princess if they could change their booking system a little. If someone is looking for an HP cabin (or any type, actually) you could give a range of dates for your travel, the ship you want, the type of cabin, and ask them to find you a date.

Steve