Conquest vs Miracle

dubcnote

I cruised on Carnival for the first time in Sep 2015. 7 day Mexican Riviera. I am considering Carnival Conquest in Sep 2016 to Eastern Caribbean. I am wondering if my on board experience will be similar to that on the Miracle ( i.e. shows, dinner/dessert menu in MDR, layout of the ship, etc). Or will things be very different?? If you have any insight to this, please advise. Thanks!!

I cruised on Carnival for the first time in Sep 2015. 7 day Mexican Riviera. I am considering Carnival Conquest in Sep 2016 to Eastern Caribbean. I am wondering if my on board experience will be similar to that on the Miracle ( i.e. shows, dinner/dessert menu in MDR, layout of the ship, etc). Or will things be very different?? If you have any insight to this, please advise. Thanks!!

We have sailed both ships. Miracle is a Spirit class ship while Conquest is a Conquest class ship.

Regarding layout, there are some significant differences between the two ships:

Miracle - we were able to walk straight through forward to aft on every deck.

Conquest - the galley in the middle of the ship required us to walk all of deck 5 or deck 2 then to deck 3 to access the aft dining room.

Miracle - entire aft deck, including pool, is Serenity. It is wide open to the fresh air.

Conquest - no Serenity, aft pool is for adults only but there are food venues that kids can access. Pool area is recessed into the aft deck and can be covered in inclement weather. It is no longer adult-only when the roof is closed.

I'm sure people will add more info.

Miracle is still my favorite ship. I'm heartbroken that she's going to China.

The timing of the evening entertainment was different.

On the Miracle there were early comedy shows and late shows. On the Conquest there were only late shows.

On the Miracle the piano bar and other evening activities started earlier. We felt that the Conquest was geared to folks who were late night owls.

The Conquest has the big screen movie at the center pool and there are movies at night.

The Miracle doesn't have that at all.

The Miracle has Serenity.

The Conquest has an all adult area but it is not filled with comfy lounging furniture.

We had a lot of fun on both cruises!

We did more on land on the Conquest and we did more on the ship on the Miracle but we are not late night people! IF you are a late night person I think there is more for you on the Conquest.

Edited by riffatsea

Much of the activities depend on the CD and/or Entertainment Director.

The ships are laid out differently. Parts of the Conquest seemed a bit crowded when compared to the Miracle.

Edited by SadieN

I liked the Miracle, but it's been a while, so no opinion here. I loved the Conquest, I just got off a few days ago. It was 100x better than the Liberty. Just a nice ship all around. You will enjoy the Conquest if you choose it. That class of ship is just nice, but I do prefer the Dream Class with the wraparound walkway.

Edited by poison7fl

Conquest has the 2.0 upgrades, such as Guys and Blue Iguana which I prefer. My favorite ship is the Liberty which is the sister to Conquest. Like the others have posted, the layout will be much different. The Conquest class seemed more cramped than the Miracle did to me. The Miracle always had open and quiet spaces to get away while the Conquest class didn't seem to have very many quiet spots.

We haven't been on the Conquest, but the Miracle is one of our favorite ships. Love the Sprirt class ships. We were on her for a Panama Canal cruise and will be on her again in November for a B2B...7 day Mexican and 15 day Hawaii. We are now considering taking another Hawaii just 2 months later on her again for our farewell to her.