What happens if a drop 3rd passenger?

MsSoloTravel

We have 3 booked on Dream in Sept, but it might only be 2. We have until July 5 for final payment. I'm curious since the cruise fares keep going up...if I drop 3rd pax will the price change for the other 2? Will it change to whatever they are charging for 2 at the time I cancel?

We have 3 booked on Dream in Sept, but it might only be 2. We have until July 5 for final payment. I'm curious since the cruise fares keep going up...if I drop 3rd pax will the price change for the other 2? Will it change to whatever they are charging for 2 at the time I cancel?

Why not call them up directly and ask a hypothetical question so you are prepared. Also, sometimes the price drops before final payment and they will honor the lower rate.

Good luck!

Edited by Cruise a holic

I've drop a 3rd and 4th passenger several times in the past and each time the 2 person price did not change since the base cruise rate is based on double occupancy and you're locked into the original rate (unless you request a new rate). The only thing that could change is the cabin type, Carnival may move you to a 2 person cabin if the ship is selling well and there's a need for a 3 person cabin. I've never had to change cabins even when booked in a 4 person cabin and cruising solo, but it could happen. Your PVP will be able to tell you the fees and changes. $50pp fee is normal for ES cancellation, other funds already paid will be kept as a future cruise credit for 2 years.

Since your final payment is 6 months out, I would keep the 3rd person listed for now in case they do decide to go or you add a 4th person and drop the 3rd. Then make any changes closer to the final payment date. It's much easier than risk having to change to a 2 person cabin and then having to change again if you do decide to add another IMO.

Edited by ATL_Miami_Cruiser

Thank you for your input. I decided to call (I loathe calling any customer service, but I have to say that was fast and the rep was super friendly! Pleasantly surprised.)

Yes, we are locked into the rate we booked so no worries about fares going up. If we cancel before final due date they will refund the $250 deposit or apply it to what we owe. If we want to move to a 2 person cabin they will just do a cabin change. We booked past guest.

It will have no impact at all on the first two passengers. Just remember that the third passenger's fare may not be the same as for the first two. Do not assume that the total fare is divided by 3 to come up with what each passenger is paying. Carnival will not force you to move cabins. That is a myth that some people have come up with for some reason. Anyone can book any cabin and as long as they are paying the fare for the first two passengers, or a a single with the single supplement you will not be asked or forced to move.

The fare for the first two passengers will not change.

Edited by zqvol

It will have no impact at all on the first two passengers. Just remember that the third passenger's fare may not be the same as for the first two. Do not assume that the total fare is divided by 3 to come up with what each passenger is paying. Carnival will not force you to move cabins. That is a myth that some people have come up with for some reason. Anyone can book any cabin and as long as they are paying the fare for the first two passengers, or a a single with the single supplement you will not be asked or forced to move.

The fare for the first two passengers will not change.

My PVP who has been with Carnival for 10+ years says otherwise about the "myth". Carnival can place cabin occupancy restrictions on the cruise at anytime and if needed re-assign you to another cabin (normally an upgrade) if they choose to. It's rare but it can happen.

Edited by ATL_Miami_Cruiser

My PVP who has been with Carnival for 10+ years says otherwise about the "myth". Carnival can place cabin capacity restrictions on the cruise at anytime and if needed re-assign you to another cabin (upgrade) if they choose to. It's rare but it can happen.

My very first cruise I had picked a location and it was a three person stateroom. The rep would not let me book it. I have since developed a relationship with a PVP and she told me the same thing.