Equinox eisembarkation and early flight from FFL

hallasm

Hallasm - You sound like you're very "with it" and will get the "lead out" the morning of disembarkation by doing Walk-Off. I think you'll get to the airport in time IF there are no disembarkation fiascos.

If the ship gets into port on time, the Customs & Immigration officials get their job done quickly, and there aren't any unusual circumstances, then you should be fine.

Edited by DrivesLikeMario

Just realized we have the same issue on March 4. Last August we had booked an 11:35 a.m. flight to Philadelphia but now see that our flight was changed to 10:10 a.m. It is an entirely different flight # so I am assuming our flight was removed from the schedule? Never received an e-mail notifying us. We never would have booked a flight this early. Hoping that we can make this flight.

If all goes well and you line up with your luggage at the appointed place about 45 minutes before they tell you to, and if you don't pre-arrange a shuttle -- you will likely make it just fine.

There will be plenty of taxis available, just grab one and go. 10 minutes later you'll be at the airport.

Have a wonderful cruise and don't worry about a thing.

Just realized we have the same issue on March 4. Last August we had booked an 11:35 a.m. flight to Philadelphia but now see that our flight was changed to 10:10 a.m. It is an entirely different flight # so I am assuming our flight was removed from the schedule? Never received an e-mail notifying us. We never would have booked a flight this early. Hoping that we can make this flight.

You can change to a different flight without fees if you want. I would prefer the earlier flight, but many wouldn't.

• 1 month later...

Just arrived into Port Everglades and want to update with my experiences with self-disembarkation and out 10 am flight out of FLL today.

Expected arrival time into port Everglades at 07am but ship was docked already at 6 am.

We went down to deck 5 with our luggage at 7 am - already a huge queue for self-disembarkation!

Already at 07:15 the queue did start to move and 08:45 we were off the ship in line for immigration. Pretty fast and just before 8 am we entered a taxi (no waiting line) for the airport - With United premier access and 'TSA Pre' check-in and security tool less that 20 minutes.

Well in time for out 10 am departure - now on our 20 hours journey to Denmark.

Just arrived into Port Everglades and want to update with my experiences with self-disembarkation and out 10 am flight out of FLL today.

Expected arrival time into port Everglades at 07am but ship was docked already at 6 am.

We went down to deck 5 with our luggage at 7 am - already a huge queue for self-disembarkation!

Already at 07:15 the queue did start to move and 08:45 we were off the ship in line for immigration. Pretty fast and just before 8 am we entered a taxi (no waiting line) for the airport - With United premier access and 'TSA Pre' check-in and security tool less that 20 minutes.

Great to hear that the scheduling all worked and yes the lines can be a bit longer as the "locals" do want to get home for work the next day!!! Hope your 20 hours went as well, the weather has been fairly cooperative recently.

Whew!! Good to hear!!! We have a 9:55 am departure and TSA precheck :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app