Sunshine - deck 5 or deck 9

familycruzr

We were on the Sunshine the beginning of November and had an inside on Deck 5 aft and LOVED it. We were in one of the 1st rooms and heard no noises from above us on Deck 6. It was so convenient to everything on Deck 5. Loved being able to have breakfast at the Taste Bar and we could sit and listen to the band at night. And it was a new room and had a COLD refrigerator. Loved the location and would definitely book that room again on the Sunshine.

The other nice thing was we were right at the aft elevator so could so straight up to the buffet area.

Have a great cruise, I know the Sunshine gets a lot of bad reviews but we had a great cruise and hope to sail her again.

Hands down....Deck 5.

We just returned from b2b journey cruises on the Sunshine. 11 days in a Lido deck 9 balcony and 10 days in a deck 5 sideways inside. Much preferred deck 5. Do you have one of the 4 sideways ones. They are so roomy. It's because of the way the cabin is setup. Don't know if regular insides are same as other decks. So much floor space. Since the cabins are new ones added, they all have refrigerators. Cabins on decks other than 3, 5, 10, 11 and 12 do not have refrigerators. We did have one in our balcony deck 9 but only because we are Diamond and we heard that they provided all Diamonds with a fridge. Overall, deck 5 cabins are in a very quiet area. Hallways are very spacious.

As the above poster stated, it was nice to have breakfast at the taste bar, easy to get a quick coffee in the morning. Easy elevator ride to the Lido deck.

Deck 9 could be a long walk to food areas depending where your cabin is located. If the seas were a little rough at night, in the morning, it is wet and slippery crossing over to the food areas. It was a balancing act a few mornings trying to bring coffee back to our cabin.

I would definitely choose deck 5 over deck 9 or any other deck.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I booked 2 of the sideways inside rooms on deck 5. Now, we wait.

Congratulations! You will love them! There are ony 4 cabins in that wide hallway. No cabins across so basically only the occupants of those 4 cabin use the hallway.

When do you cruise? Both our cabin steward and the other one for the other half of the 50 cabins were so friendly and personable. Don't know if you will get Kadek or Agus but will be lucky if you do.

If we ever book on the Sunshine again, will definitely book one on deck 5. There are insides, ocean view and aft balconies to choose from.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I booked 2 of the sideways inside rooms on deck 5. Now, we wait.

Good choice. Deck 5 cabins on the Sunshine is where it's at. So convenient to everything. New rooms with mini fridges. Quiet, etc. We had an oceanview back there and loved it. Enjoy your trip!

Congratulations! You will love them! There are ony 4 cabins in that wide hallway. No cabins across so basically only the occupants of those 4 cabin use the hallway.

When do you cruise? Both our cabin steward and the other one for the other half of the 50 cabins were so friendly and personable. Don't know if you will get Kadek or Agus but will be lucky if you do.

If we ever book on the Sunshine again, will definitely book one on deck 5. There are insides, ocean view and aft balconies to choose from.

We had Faruk. He was great. And don't forget the two ocean suites back there!

We have stayed on decks 5 & 9 and we prefer deck 5. Seemed to be much more central to everything even though we had an aft balcony. It was very quiet!

The taste bar had a small breakfast & lunch sampling that we enjoyed. Trivia in the ocean plaza, also we used the aft elevators to access the Lido deck, Havana bar and Camp Carnival areas. When we stayed on deck 9, it seemed like we were always waiting for an elevator or hiking up several flights of stairs.

We don't cruise until next Christmas.

Hands down....Deck 5.

We just returned from b2b journey cruises on the Sunshine. 11 days in a Lido deck 9 balcony and 10 days in a deck 5 sideways inside. Much preferred deck 5. Do you have one of the 4 sideways ones. They are so roomy. It's because of the way the cabin is setup. Don't know if regular insides are same as other decks. So much floor space. Since the cabins are new ones added, they all have refrigerators. Cabins on decks other than 3, 5, 10, 11 and 12 do not have refrigerators. We did have one in our balcony deck 9 but only because we are Diamond and we heard that they provided all Diamonds with a fridge. Overall, deck 5 cabins are in a very quiet area. Hallways are very spacious.

I would definitely choose deck 5 over deck 9 or any other deck.

Hey mississauga, remember me?? Guess what? We sailed on the Sunshine this year too! lol But we sailed over Valentine's Day! One of these days we will bump into each other. ;)

I agree with deck 5. We had an aft balcony on 5 and absolutely loved it!! The taste bar was a huge bonus. Never too busy.

Hey mississauga, remember me?? Guess what? We sailed on the Sunshine this year too! lol But we sailed over Valentine's Day! One of these days we will bump into each other. ;)

I agree with deck 5. We had an aft balcony on 5 and absolutely loved it!! The taste bar was a huge bonus. Never too busy.

Yes, I remember we were on the Breeze together and only realized it later. Funny, I was thinking about your daughter when I was taking pix of the towel animals on Lido, how the 8 day ones were different and I sent them to you.

What's up next for you? Vista coming up for us in 2016

Edited by mississauga

I thought you'd remember. ;)

We are leaving for the Glory next Friday. No kids for this one. We are going with a couple of friends that we met while cruising. They are from Barrie too.

We also have the Vista booked for 2017. My daughter will be celebrating her Sweet 16 on that cruise. Can't wait!!! You'll have to take pics of the ship for us since you'll be sailing before us. So exciting. :):):)

I thought you'd remember. ;)

We are leaving for the Glory next Friday. No kids for this one. We are going with a couple of friends that we met while cruising. They are from Barrie too.

We also have the Vista booked for 2017. My daughter will be celebrating her Sweet 16 on that cruise. Can't wait!!! You'll have to take pics of the ship for us since you'll be sailing before us. So exciting. :):):)

Tried to send you email so as to not hijack this thread. You changed your address?

Sorry everyone for the hijacks