Amazing Race in St. Martins

grannyj473

Has any one done the Amazing Race as a shore excursion in St. Martins? I am going with my adult son and 2 teenage granddaughters. I am in a scooter and wonder if I could be a part of the team.

According to Royal's page, the tour includes 2 hours and approximately 2.5 miles of walking over pavement and cobblestones.

didn't know they offered it there. We did it in Cozumel on Jewel in March 2013 and had a tremendous time. Ran/walked around a lot solving clues and finding things. Saw parts of the town we would not normally go to. Locals would help out too especially when we got confused as to where to go.

Have fun. :)

• 5 months later...

We also did it in Cozumel as a group of 8 - guys vs gals - and it was great! Over land and sea, throughout different parts of the city, culminating with a nice lunch and a couple of cervezas (and the thrill of victory - us guys won!)

The locals are very helpful - they can recognize you because you're running around with a frantic "Where do I go from here?" look on your face. If the one in St. Martin is anywhere near as good, I would think that you will have a blast.

Pic 1 is our whole group at the end of the race

Pic 2 is the girls with their faces painted like reindeer (their booby prize for finishing 2nd!)

Rob

461819068_Amazing1.jpg.00ae840506d5cb105a262a5b032464e3.jpg

418454312_Amazing2.jpg.3569fd8d7f942f346a6cfeac921d76e3.jpg

We and our two boys did the Amazing Cozumel Race in 2010 through Carnival. LOVED IT!

It was physically taxing since we wanted to win. If your family isn't super competitive given your scooter, you can definitely enjoy most of the activity at a slower pace and see parts of town you'd likely never venture into.

DSC01306.jpg

• 1 month later...

Review of Amazing race Allure of the Seas August 7, 2016.

St. Marten

First of all I would like to say this excursion is everything and than more.

Yes you run around, complete tasks do challenges both physical and mental.

It was 92 in the shade and 92 in the sun:D.

We were able to stay hydrated with the rest stops.

We met at the pier and walked to a meeting place.

We were divided into groups anywhere from 4 to 10 in a group.

We had a fun group.

We won the first physical challenge, and came in second on the next.

The locals were in on it and encouraged us on.

How can I say if I talk to much I will give it away.

Would I do it again.

Yes.

No prizes or medals for the winners just bragging rights (not Us)

They should have medals.

Had a lot of fun, great way to see places we would never see.

Wear good sneakers, make sure one person in your party a good swimmer, and all the others just want to have fun.

Enjoy

We did

I did the Amazing Cozumel Race, too and I was alone on this excursion. They put me on a team and it was a lot of fun. It was not like the real race, in that the organizers are around and gave each team a phone to call them, if needed. The locals are used to seeing teams of lost people and point the way.

It was hot that day, but it was one of the most fun excursions I have done. We were 7th out of 11 teams. :o :)

We did the Family Challenge/Amazing Race in St. Maarten this past March as an excursion from Adventure of the Seas. It was sooo much fun! By taking part in this we visited places we wouldn't normally go to which was lots of fun since we'd been there several times before. Our team was just 3 people, my husband, our 12 year old son and myself. We came in 1st place and got a beautiful bottle of guavaberry rum as our prize.

You have all changed my mind. I guess I'll be signing up today for our Allure sailing next Sunday, 08/28!

Update to my previous post.

My DD

just told me that I was in the bathroom when the first team winners were announced and they did get a prize......

I go what?

She goes she could not see.

Sorry for the miscue above.

Enjoy, we did.

Safe travels.

Edited by Lionesss

• 10 months later...
For those that have done this before, would this excursion be good for a 6 year old? I know my 9 year old would enjoy it, I just worry about my 6 year old.

I would think so as long as you involve them in the activities such as when you are searching for items. I would let the 6 year old get the tattoo (henna). [emoji3]

Edit: sorry my comments were for the Cozumel race. I don't know if they do the tattoo for St. Maartin

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk