Playa Mia- cash or cc?

hpugirl27

Does anyone know if you want to purchase food and alcohol from the menu (not pre paid buffet) if you can pay in USD or if they only accept credit cards? Thanks!

Yes, they accept USD and just my personal opinion, but that's what I always use in any port due to reports that pop up here and there stating that when they have used a cc and returned home, found out that their cc info had been stolen. Not saying it would happen, but it could. I just never take that chance and only carry a cc for emergencies when in port. :)

• 1 month later...

Mitsugirly have you looked into the money bar beach club? I know you like to snorkel, and I wondered if you researched it at all. I was under the impression that there weren't any facilities there, but I guess that has changed.

Edited by peymas

Money Bar has great facilities including lockers and is a wonderful spot for snorkeling from the shore. No beach, you enter the water via steps, but the lack of sand keeps the water clear and makes the snorkeling good. Rental gear and guides if you need them - check trip advisor for more details and lots of photos.

Playa Mia has lockers available for $4 for the day, and they have shops and many cash bars available. You could purchase the All Inclusive Pass. I've attached some photos of their menu's to give you an idea of drink and food prices without the AI pass.

http://www.cozumeldaypasses.com/Cozumel-Beach-Passes-s/1843.htm

IMG_5733.jpg.b8af815806b0f31fdcfa6065f44c4d29.jpg

IMG_5734.jpg.8046862c37759fe60ce95cae806c3631.jpg

IMG_5735.jpg.43f46d8554001f75cc4b2eb07e82e44d.jpg

IMG_5736.jpg.476af7f702733a323e57afda2fc8c23b.jpg