Paying for cruise early/refunds

scrap47

We received a credit card offer for lots of miles if we charge $3,000 in the next 3 months. Well, our final payment isn't due till end of April for our July cruise, but it's seems silly to have the money sitting in a savings account barely earning any interest. My hubby is not too keen on paying anything earlier than we have to. My question, is it easy to get a refund in full if something happens? We do have cruise insurance and our trip is on Holland America. I have two weddings to fly to later in the summer so the free miles would definitely come in handy. Thanks in advance for your thoughts. I love reading all the helpful info!

I have always been told final payment means no refunds. Check it out with line and agency. Guess you could ask about paying almost, say 90%, to reserve your cancellation rights.

So if we only pay part of it, not in full?

We did not go thru a TA. Thanks!

Edited by scrap47

I have always been told final payment means no refunds. Check it out with line and agency. Guess you could ask about paying almost, say 90%, to reserve your cancellation rights.

It's no refunds after the scheduled date for final payment, not true for early payment.

Referring to HAL, with US booking, yes you'd get your full payment refunded if you cancelled before the scheduled final payment date.