Dear Carnival .... Pet Peeves

LuckyZ

Remove the mini golf, basketball, and whatever other mini sport that shouldn't belong in a windy area. Add more pools in their place since that is what many want but don't go because of overcrowding.

Hard to keep guests under 18 (non adults) away from restricted pools.

Deck chair saving in prime area can be solved by charging usage fees. (I'm sure Carnival can figure out how)

Unattended kids in buffet area that pick up food with bare hands then put back Is disgusting and a serious pp for me.

Add express line for fast guest services. Attendant would direct guest to proper line.

Sweet Dutch Girl- I just can't bring myself to go onboard with wine neverless soda and water like I seen many do, I just would feel cheap and couldn't bring myself down to doing that....I can't understand how people pay for their cruise and carry case/cases of water and soda....perhaps I can understand a bottle of wine that is special to the passenger, but its just not me to lug wine onboard and my other half just would totally be embarrassed too lol.

Jagged thanks for that site, great site! I still don't agree with the limitations on the drink package, Carnival is the only one who does it, not that I drink 15 drinks in a day, but I just hate worrying what if I do and I am cut off early evening and still remain to have the entire night and I hate keeping track on how many I drink worrying about hitting the 15. LOL This does't stop me from choosing Carnival its just something that I have a pet peeve about and would love to see this rule change.

I also drink a lot of martini's and I am addicted to the Chipotle Martini, although on my last cruise last month, the bartenders had to attend a course onboard of new drinks that will be offered in the next coming months.

We carry a case of water and soda for 2 reasons:

1) I'm too lazy to walk 8 flights and half the ship when I'm hungover the next morning for a drink of water.

2) soda/redbull -- so I can mix it with rum/vodka I smuggle on. Might I add carnival does not have red bull which is a pain in the ass.

Also like some have said. I just like to sit back on the balcony and have a few "home made" drinks. Not have to fight any line or ask someone to make it for me.

Money isn't necessarily the issue. It's because I'm too lazy to walk half the ship for them to give me a small glass. Only to be thirsty right when I get back to the room

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by ajee622

Remove the mini golf, basketball, and whatever other mini sport that shouldn't belong in a windy area. Add more pools in their place since that is what many want but don't go because of overcrowding.

Hard to keep guests under 18 (non adults) away from restricted pools.

Never thought about that. There is definitely a lot of space that is taken up by those things (especially the basketball court) that seem to be unused a lot of the time.

Never thought about that. There is definitely a lot of space that is taken up by those things (especially the basketball court) that seem to be unused a lot of the time.

Perhaps if you take long cruises when school is in session those features are not being used, but I can assure you that over spring break and Christmas the basketball court, mini golf, and other sports features are being used every single moment that they are open, wind or not.

Maybe one of the smaller ships that sails from Florida could be converted to meet only the needs of adults. If Carnival advertised that clearly, it would discourage families from choosing that ship and provide a better experience for adults who want to sail without kids.

Pet peeves:

People who complain, incessantly, about their fellow cruisers.

People who want a cruise to proceed exactly the way they think it should 100% of the time.

People who think they do everything right and everyone else is doing it wrong.

People who think Carnival employees main job should be to act as little policeman and to catch all the "rule" breakers as those folks break the rules.

People who waste their vacations and their enjoyment by focusing on all their "complaints" instead of just making the best of situations.

People who know exactly what the amenities are before they cruise and then complain that their aren't enough amenities to satisfy them while on the cruise.

People who act like a cruise ship carrying 3000 plus other passengers is their private "yacht" and everyone should be catering to them 24/7.

And so on and so on.....

I sense some hostility...LOL

You need to finish the rest of the math problem. % of alcohol multiplied by the volume equals the total alcohol content. You would only be correct if all of your examples were the same volume.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I didn't know there was going to be a math quiz on this forum...

Agree with this, we were shooting (trying to) pool on the Sunshine and could not stop laughing because the wind was blowing all the balls around.

Sweet Dutch Girl- I just can't bring myself to go onboard with wine neverless soda and water like I seen many do, I just would feel cheap and couldn't bring myself down to doing that....

For me it has nothing to do with money. I am a die hard Pepsi drinker so I take it with me when it is not offered.

Pet peeves:

People who complain, incessantly, about their fellow cruisers.

People who want a cruise to proceed exactly the way they think it should 100% of the time.

People who think they do everything right and everyone else is doing it wrong.

People who think Carnival employees main job should be to act as little policeman and to catch all the "rule" breakers as those folks break the rules.

People who waste their vacations and their enjoyment by focusing on all their "complaints" instead of just making the best of situations.

People who know exactly what the amenities are before they cruise and then complain that their aren't enough amenities to satisfy them while on the cruise.

People who act like a cruise ship carrying 3000 plus other passengers is their private "yacht" and everyone should be catering to them 24/7.

And so on and so on.....

I did not see an option to "like" this message as there is on Facebook, so words will have to suffice. I could not agree with you more, well said!

I have certainly seen Carnival enforce the no-smoking areas. :)

Carnival employees were also attempting to enforce the 40-minute chair hog rule on my last cruise. But it was challenging because guests would just remove the stickers on the seven extra chairs they were saving for family/friends, or the seats in the shade they were saving for when they got hot, or pop out every hour to check on "their" chair.

I would like to hear the CD make frequent friendly announcements about why excessive chair saving hurts everyone, at least on certain cruises where it's clearly out of control and people are complaining. Maybe a humorous video to play in the mornings on the big screen.

What happens when the put towel animals on each lounger? No one saves chairs?

What happens when the put towel animals on each lounger? No one saves chairs?

On my last cruise, where the chair saving was really bad, they put the towel animals out on a port morning. I'd love to see them put towel animals on all the loungers very early on a sea day and watch the chair hoggers come out at 7 a.m. and stand there staring with their pile of towels. :D

Personally, I think they should ban those clips that attach towels to the loungers. At least make the chair hoggers go through the trouble of weaving their towels through the chairs. ;)