A$ to US$

With a trip to the U.S. In 3 weeks, I'm enjoying this!

Mind you we've had one extreme to the other when travelling to the U.S. Over the years .48 in 2000 to $1.10 in 2011, so it comes out even in the end.

I booked Qantas flights on FF points for our Antarctica trip in January, the invoice for the taxes of $1230usd only came in yesterday ( had the confirmation booking number just didn't take deduct points or pay our taxes for whatever reason) in that time the dollar has increased by 10%:D that's a few extra beverages we can enjoy on our trip:D

I normally just use my Citibank card to withdraw cash from ATMs overseas, I'm starting to wonder whether it may be worth buying some U.S. cash for my April trip just in case it suddenly drops again:confused:

I had lunch the other day with a bloke who makes millions every time our dollar moves a cent (if he has picked it the right way, and he usually does) he said that over th next 5-10 years it will yo-yo between 60 and 80 cents and will start to fall again in the next month.

Be interesting to see if he is right.

It's ok if it drops in May but can you ask him if it will be coming back up for June? We will be in the US for all of June ;) lol

I had lunch the other day with a bloke who makes millions every time our dollar moves a cent (if he has picked it the right way, and he usually does) he said that over th next 5-10 years it will yo-yo between 60 and 80 cents and will start to fall again in the next month.

Be interesting to see if he is right.

I think that's a reasonable assessment though wouldn't go that far out. If going out that far I'd increase the top boundary above 80c.

I think that's a reasonable assessment though wouldn't go that far out. If going out that far I'd increase the top boundary above 80c.

I will make a bolder prediction by saying that the AUD will yoyo between $0 and $2 USD until the year our currency changes to the Yuan.:eek:

Edited by MicCanberra