Mr. Sanchos questions

bluejay555

For the last 3 years in a row, we have gone to Nachi Cocom. We LOVE LOVE LOVE that place! The beach has deteriorated/eroded though, and last time was a big dropoff and no fun at all. We do love the pool and the food/drinks though. But I want something new. I looked up Mr. Sanchos and it looks amazing. My kids love the idea of the water toys!! I guess my questions are about....

crowds: is Mr. Sanchos really crowded, or do they have a limit on guests? (didn't see the answer to this readily on their website)

Food: do they have a good menu with lots of choices?

Drinks: do they have good alcoholic drinks with a wide variety?

aquatic park: OK this is $12 per person. Not a bad price at all, my kids will be 9 and 11 when we go. Do I need to buy a pass too so I can supervise and help them? I won't be actively playing on the stuff but don't want to be banned from the entire area.

Beach: How is the beach? Is it a nice walk into the water, or a dropoff? WHat's it like?

Edited by bluejay555

For the last 3 years in a row, we have gone to Nachi Cocom. We LOVE LOVE LOVE that place! The beach has deteriorated/eroded though, and last time was a big dropoff and no fun at all. We do love the pool and the food/drinks though. But I want something new. I looked up Mr. Sanchos and it looks amazing. My kids love the idea of the water toys!! I guess my questions are about....

crowds: is Mr. Sanchos really crowded, or do they have a limit on guests? (didn't see the answer to this readily on their website) much more crowded than Nachi with chairs very close to each other - not sure about crowd limits

Food: do they have a good menu with lots of choices? good food/drinks/service

Drinks: do they have good alcoholic drinks with a wide variety? yes :D

aquatic park: OK this is $12 per person. Not a bad price at all, my kids will be 9 and 11 when we go. Do I need to buy a pass too so I can supervise and help them? I won't be actively playing on the stuff but don't want to be banned from the entire area.

Beach: How is the beach? Is it a nice walk into the water, or a dropoff? WHat's it like?

You can see the water toys at Mr. Sanchos from Nachi. Beach will be similar. When my daughters cruise with us we wind up at Mr. S - when it is just the wife and I we choose Nachi. You should have a good time at either, but your kids will much prefer the water toys at Mr. Sanchos.

The beach has some shell, so wear Aqua shoes!! Food-drinks-service is outstanding. We had baskets of chips,salsa & guacamole, quesidillas, ceviche, tacos...oh my, it was all good. They also have a couple of pools to swim in. We had a little palm-branch thingy that provided shade over our table & chairs at no extra cost. The water was clear & didn't have a lot of sea grass or seaweed when we were there. It was $20 taxi fair each way. We're going again in June!!

Edited by CCC3

We were there a couple of years ago and it was not crowded at all. It's possible there may have been less ships in port that day but if anything there were a lack of people. The food and service was excellent. They were accommodating and definitely expect a generous tip. They absolutely earned it. We had a blast.