Thermal Suite Pass -Pearl...is i worth it?

Lydia B.

great to see this topic as I am leaving on the Gem on 5/20...

can you bring drinks inside?

Are there day spa passes available while you cruise?

What are the opening and closing times for the spa?

thanks so much in advance

Looking for some input from those of you who have been on the Pearl and purchased the Termal Suite Pass.

Bottom line did you feel it was worth it? The pre buy cost is $159 for a ten day cruise.

Thanking you in advance for your help, Lydia of Ohio

I bought my first spa pass with the Pearl a couple weeks ago, awesome! I think the hours are 8am to 9pm, not too sure on that.

I loved the steam room and sauna. I only saw two people brave enough to use the cold plunge pool. All of these are in the woman's locker room. There is also one small spa tub in the locker room, along with loungers.

As others have said in the main room are the heated tile loungers with the main spa pool and a hot tub that is kinda tough to get into (too high) I had to crawl over it to get in. (Not graceful at all !!) And plenty of ice cold water and tea bags for those that like tea.

The tile loungers were very popular, if you get my drift. I did get a chance to try them and wasn't too impressed, so I didn't mind that they were occupied.

FYI, in the ladies locker room in the fitness center they have a small steam room, I never saw anyone in it. My pass cost 139 (pre purchase) for 7 days and I got my moneys worth!

A few answers below...

great to see this topic as I am leaving on the Gem on 5/20...

can you bring drinks inside? I believe so, but I've never personally seen anyone bring drinks in.

Are there day spa passes available while you cruise? As I understand it, if they don't sell out of weekly passes, they make day passes available but only on port days (I think--could be totally wrong on that)

What are the opening and closing times for the spa? I believe it opens at 8 a.m. and closes at 10 or 11 p.m. except the night before debarkation when it closed at 8, I think. Once again, could be incorrect as I'm going from memory. But, I know I've been in past 9 p.m. :D

thanks so much in advance

You'll love the thermal spa, especially the heated tile loungers. Very therapeutic, especially if you have back problems or any other aches and pains. On our Panama Canal partial transit cruise last spring, I went to the spa and had a front row seat during the entire return transit. Only one other person was in the spa. Can't believe no one else thought to do this.

I think it depends on how much you will use it. I considered it a long time, because I do have back problems, BUT ... I'll be travelling with family members who are not interested in it, and I expect to be spending more time with them than I would in the spa. I also plan to be doing a LOT of photography rather than sitting and relaxing, plus I don't like sauna or steam room. So for me, for this particular cruise, I decided not to spend the money. If it had just been DH and me, I would likely have bought passes for both of us.

I was on the Pearl at the end of January and loved the thermal suite. In the women's locker room, there is a steam room and a sauna. The steam room needs some sort of clock or timer. If they haven't put one in, you can tuck your phone in a towel and it will be ok. The sauna is amazing- it looks out over the front of the ship- awesome views. There are wooden times on the walls but only the one to the very right works. The rest are gummed up. Bad safety, FYI on the timers. There are traditional chaise lounges in the women only side, but I didn't care for that area as the staff kept the broken TV on Cartoon Network and the button to turn it off was missing. Annoying to have cartoons playing in an adult's only area.

The co-ed section has the theralassopy (spell?) pool with the bubble chairs, a difficult to get into hot tub, more traditional chaise loungers, including some double sized for couples, and then the amazing heated stone loungers- like a full body hot stone massage.

Sign me up every time.