Upgrade offer just called us

pooh/tigger

To me, it would depend on how much you paid for the mini-suite versus how much it would have been for the 2 bedroom and what kind of value you are getting on the upsell price. However, the only downside to the 2 bedroom is that the balcony is small for a suite because the bathroom is on the other side. I don't know what kind of mini suite you are in so it may not be much different.

Our mini suite is on deck 11. Would it help if I provided the cabin number? We paid $2000 for us three. We've had balcony before but mini suite will be our first time and naturally, we've never done the 2 bedroom either. Wasn't sure if worth the upgrade price. If I call them, do you think they would consider offers or just move on if we don't want it at that price?

Differences between mini-suite and suite is more than just the size. You have concierge and butler service with the suite (not with a mini-suite); you have priority embarkation and disembarkation via the concierge. You have a designated restaurant for breakfast and lunch and access to all of the amenities of the Haven.

Only you can decide if it is worth it to you - you can always counter-offer but don't wait too long.....that same offer may have already gone out to many others and it's first come/first served.

We are in a mini suite right now. They just called and made us an upgrade offer of $500 per. For the 2 bedroom suite. Three in our group. Good deal or should we ask for a better price?

Thanks

Curious, how far out are you from sailing?

Well, I don't know. Our upcoming is our first haven. But butler, concierge, priority everything, private pool, private sundeck, private restaurant, free room service...

Haven isn't just a suite, it's the Haven complex too. Not all Jade suites are Haven.

Yeah. I'm jealous. I'd like to save 5k!!!

Edited by Starflyr3

Look at what you get for your dollars. In my opinion "mini-suite" is very "mini" in terms of benefits for what you pay for. I'd call it, "maxi-steerage" for the uninformed who fall victim to the advertising. Do the math and compare the benefits for the dollar.

Sorry. Hope I didn't ruin your day. Our PCC said we would have access to the Haven. So, here's another question for those who have experience with these suites. We have another couple going with us, in their own room. Would we be allowed to have them with us in the Haven or do they exclude the commoners (just a joke, please don't slam me)

*you MAY be able to invite them to eat with you once or twice in Cagneys.

Maybe.

You can NOT invite them to eat with you once or twice.

Once upon a time you could bring them for $25 pp upcharge....I haven't heard that mentioned in past couple of years.

Otherwise, take the deal. Basically it's $3500 for 7 days for 3 people = $167 pp / pd for Butler, concierge, gorgeous suite, all the pampering you can handle...for less than a Hampton Inn.

You can NOT invite them to eat with you once or twice.

Once upon a time you could bring them for $25 pp upcharge....I haven't heard that mentioned in past couple of years.

Ok, my bad. I had seen that $25 charge thing being tossed around, wasn't sure if it was still a thing. Guess not. Luckily our travel companions are in a suite too.

Our mini suite is on deck 11. Would it help if I provided the cabin number? We paid $2000 for us three. We've had balcony before but mini suite will be our first time and naturally, we've never done the 2 bedroom either. Wasn't sure if worth the upgrade price. If I call them, do you think they would consider offers or just move on if we don't want it at that price?

If you didn't take it right away, then it is probably already taken.....They just don't call one person and wait to hear back from that person, they call many people and its a first come first serve policy.

If you didn't take it right away, then it is probably already taken.....They just don't call one person and wait to hear back from that person, they call many people and its a first come first serve policy.

Our PCC called after they were closed and said we are to call in the morning, that the offer would be available for purchase then. She said offer will be $500 per person. And yes, the mini suite price was a good one too. Guess we keep getting lucky.

She said it's a 2 bedroom family suite balcony SC

I assume this suite will have access to the Haven.

Our PCC called after they were closed and said we are to call in the morning, that the offer would be available for purchase then. She said offer will be $500 per person. And yes, the mini suite price was a good one too. Guess we keep getting lucky.

She said it's a 2 bedroom family suite balcony SC

I assume this suite will have access to the Haven.

SC will not have access to the haven. It's a very nice room for the price though. We stayed in the same category cabin last week on the Jade. Wonderful suite but no access to the haven.

SC will not have access to the haven. It's a very nice room for the price though. We stayed in the same category cabin last week on the Jade. Wonderful suite but no access to the haven.

Hmmmm, bummer. We saw a video that showed the private dining area and there was a small pool and hot tub. Is that a area we would have access to or is that just haven folks as well?