Upgrade offer just called us

pooh/tigger

Hi gang,

First, thanks Rob.

So, called upsell this morning and here is what I got. Cabin 11018. Talked the gal down to $1000 total instead of $500 per person. Also got her to throw in UDP for mom (we had it for us 2 but not her before this)

So, how'd I do gang??

We're pretty excited. This will work out better for us too. Like Rob said, we get our privacy and mom gets hers

Hi gang,

First, thanks Rob.

So, called upsell this morning and here is what I got. Cabin 11018. Talked the gal down to $1000 total instead of $500 per person. Also got her to throw in UDP for mom (we had it for us 2 but not her before this)

So, how'd I do gang??

We're pretty excited. This will work out better for us too. Like Rob said, we get our privacy and mom gets hers

Pooh, You did amazing. The dining package would have cost $150 for your mom, so take that off the price right there. So really only $850 more. That extra room is so perfect for your mom. You will absolutely love the Master bath and the living area in that suite. The espresso machine in the room is great too.

Your butler will also serve any meal from any specialty restaurant to the suite. You have a good amount of room. Good for you, you made a really smart choice.icon10.gif

Enjoy It

Rob

Hi gang,

First, thanks Rob.

So, how'd I do gang??

Heck I'm excited for you, hope you guys enjoy your trip can't wait to hear how it went.

Hi gang,

First, thanks Rob.

So, how'd I do gang??

That is a great deal!! Have a great trip. We have been in the 2 BR suites on the DAWN and while the 2nd bathroom is tiny, it is great to have the extra room an bathroom!!

Bon Voyage!!

Pooh, You did amazing. The dining package would have cost $150 for your mom, so take that off the price right there. So really only $850 more. That extra room is so perfect for your mom. You will absolutely love the Master bath and the living area in that suite. The espresso machine in the room is great too.

Your butler will also serve any meal from any specialty restaurant to the suite. You have a good amount of room. Good for you, you made a really smart choice.icon10.gif

Enjoy It

Rob

Sorry Rob, I noticed I made a booboo. I thought UDP was about the drink package. I see it's dining. So, to correct my error, she got the unlimited drink package.

So, to correct my error, she got the unlimited drink package.
You got them to lower the price by $500 and throw in the UBP for your mother? Please share your Jedi secrets with us, Master Pooh/Tigger! :D

Also, do you have a link to some of your Pooh/Tigger fan fic? :p

You got them to lower the price by $500 and throw in the UBP for your mother? Please share your Jedi secrets with us, Master Pooh/Tigger! :D

Also, do you have a link to some of your Pooh/Tigger fan fic? :p

What is fan fic?

What I did was look up all pricing for this suite that is currently on their website.

Then, when she presented the price, I pointed out what I found and showed her that her offer wasn't much of a deal at all. I was getting the room for price currently on website that anyone could've came along and bought. She placed me on hold and came back with another price and we went back and forth until she gave us this. I just happened to mention (sometimes sugar is best) that this was my mothers first cruise and her 80th birthday and she said "I see you have the unlimited drink for you and your wife, I'm going to make a note that mom receives too".

That was all I did. Nothing special.

Edited by pooh/tigger
left something out

If you didn't take it right away, then it is probably already taken.....They just don't call one person and wait to hear back from that person, they call many people and its a first come first serve policy.

And also I would like to add that my last 2 cruises they gave me the same deal I did not take it cause I don't think a extra 1500 is worth it. Exp if your with a group. Because you know you wont be hidden away in the haven when your friends are out and about. If you were a solo couple it would be different. Cause it would only be $1000 and I might do that if I was not in a group.

We prepaid our tips. We have never used the concierge. What's the daily tip rate for the butler? Doubt we would use them much at all but you never know u till your aboard, right?

I've never tipped the Butler because I've never used the Butler. Other then bringing cookies to suites at around 3 PM we never saw him. We told him day one no snacks for us so he bypassed us with the cookie cart. If you use the butler then decide what the service was worth to you, there is no set amount.

I called NCL and asked at guest services and they told me the extra daily gratuity you pay for a suite includes the butler. I guess I'm just low maintenance not needing a butler.

Everyone is different.......we have breakfast/lunch and several dinners served in our suite, we have a standing order for high tea on shore excursion days (it's great to come back from a long day in port to find a hot pot of coffee, sandwiches, cookies, brownies, etc waiting for us!). When we were under the weather on our 11 day Pearl itinerary in 2014 the butler brought us food from several different venues and took it upon himself to bring my DH a huge bowl of vanilla ice cream (which DH swears cured his seasickness!!). We tip accordingly. As far as the concierge goes, I tend to book everything myself most of the time so his/her tip is always less than our butlers (and cabin stewards) tip. We like to recognize those who help make our cruise so enjoyable......

I've never tipped the Butler because I've never used the Butler. Other then bringing cookies to suites at around 3 PM we never saw him. We told him day one no snacks for us so he bypassed us with the cookie cart. If you use the butler then decide what the service was worth to you, there is no set amount.

I called NCL and asked at guest services and they told me the extra daily gratuity you pay for a suite includes the butler. I guess I'm just low maintenance not needing a butler.

You were provided incorrect info...The increased gratuity paid in the Haven does NOT include the butler or concierge (only your room steward is included)....Their only tips are what you give them