Coming soon...Internet included in fare?

CleoT

The money HAL currently receives from internet charges, has to be almost pure profit, as it costs very little to provide this service. This is why so many businesses provide it for free, from donut shops to cheap motels.

So if they are going to give up this free money, they have to make up for it somewhere else.

Shipboard internet is by satellite and costs HAL far more than costs paid by land-based businesses with hard-wired service who can easily give it away to customers.

Edited by Cruising Is Bliss

Just to clarify, I meant no harm by my posting this thread. I truly wanted to know if anyone had heard of this, which is why I put the ? in the thread title. Sorry if I misled anyone and I do thank you, Walt, for finding out what she actually said.

I'm not the best at posting in threads. I do take the time to read the sticky topics and search, but I did that and couldn't find anything. I was so surprised at what I thought I'd heard that I came here for confirmation before I told all my friends/family who cruise through HAL.

I will say that I love the convenience of the Internet. I truly didn't want it for this cruise but it's a trip for our son who'll be graduating HS this May and he needs Internet access every day for a pretty substantial scholarship he's competing for with his major. It'll be worth the cost of Internet just for the fact he's taking it so seriously and has a decent shot.

Cleo,

I have no doubt this was simply a misunderstanding on your part. We've all done it and it will happen again. Good it was clarified and no problem. :)

Congratulations on your son's upcoming graduation and best wishes he wins that scholarship!!

Edited by sail7seas

Cleo,

I have no doubt this was simply a misunderstanding on your part. We've all done it and it will happen again. Good it was clarified and no problem. :)

Congratulations on your son's upcoming graduation and best wishes he wins that scholarship!!

Thank you! I'm just a little embarrassed I got it so wrong. :o