Breakaway 14 Day Southern Caribbean Review with lots of pictures (and the Haven)

ncklhaus

And what can I say about the Living Room. There was a couch and chair with a coffee table and a few funky ottomans. A dining table with 4 chairs. They still had the Lavazza coffee maker I had heard so much about. The mini fridge was stocked with waters, sodas, beer and booze. We kept it in there and also added our own waters as well.

This is the Living Room

20160103_141325_zpsxg9ykfq1.jpg

20160103_141333_zpsxnzaqhgc.jpg

20160103_141342_zps7fdmopss.jpg

20160103_141344_zps7zwrumxm.jpg

20160103_141433_zpsgzr1u7tc.jpg

20160103_141716_zpsginkgxtm.jpg

Our Welcome to the Haven letter

20160103_142144_zpsmvgrcn4l.jpg

They put a dummy card in the light switch/electricity slot and left it there. A nice touch.

20160103_145619_zpsr828p4gu.jpg

20160103_145623_zps7cwemigu.jpg

The thermostat. There were 3 in our suite. One in each bedroom and one in the living room.

20160103_142035_zps6nng9wdn.jpg

And the second bedroom. Melissa loved it. There is a couch that turns into a bed and also a Pullman bed that drops down from the ceiling. We asked our room steward Ven if he would mind setting up both beds so she could try and see if she liked the top bunk. Last cruise she tried it once and was back in the bottom bunk in 20 minutes.

20160103_141438_zpskl4asumg.jpg

20160103_141445_zpsywi6gxrn.jpg

20160103_141503_zps8eqvngvo.jpg

20160103_141506_zpshbc1naxk.jpg

20160103_141513_zpsxtghzhoj.jpg

20160103_141520_zpsod2dlo5k.jpg

And the second bedroom. Melissa loved it. There is a couch that turns into a bed and also a Pullman bed that drops down from the ceiling. We asked our room steward Ven if he would mind setting up both beds so she could try and see if she liked the top bunk. Last cruise she tried it once and was back in the bottom bunk in 20 minutes.

We were down the hall from you, in 15112. Also had Ven and Flor taking care of us. So...which bed did Melissa prefer? Or did she mix it up depending on how she felt that day :D

We were down the hall from you, in 15112. Also had Ven and Flor taking care of us. So...which bed did Melissa prefer? Or did she mix it up depending on how she felt that day :D

Most nights she was on the top bunk. But the night of the 40 foot seas, we insisted she sleep on the bottom bunk.

Following your fabulous review. And so happy to know you are feeling well. We will be on the Breakaway in August in the Haven. What was your room number? The pictures are terrific. And I see from your posting that you live in my home town, although I haven't lived there in many years. Can't wait to read more of your review!

Aw thanks for the kind words. What part of Valley Stream were you from? North, Central, or South. I'm in South, right near Green Acres.

We were in room 15104.

I lived in Central Valley Stream, not far from Elmont. And I frequented Green Acres often. Your pictures are great. We were on the Breakaway to Bermuda last June. We liked it so much, we booked the same trip for this August, but this time in the Haven. We're in an aft Haven suite (there are 4 of us).

I lived in Central Valley Stream, not far from Elmont. And I frequented Green Acres often. Your pictures are great. We were on the Breakaway to Bermuda last June. We liked it so much, we booked the same trip for this August, but this time in the Haven. We're in an aft Haven suite (there are 4 of us).

Hello to my Valley Stream people!! I'm a native New Yorker who currently lives in Maryland. I my finally exit when I come home is 25B Elmont Road which is not far from Valley Steam.

Aw thanks for the kind words. What part of Valley Stream were you from? North, Central, or South. I'm in South, right near Green Acres.

We were in room 15104.

Loving your review and your story! I am formerly from Valley Stream - I first lived in Cameo Townhomes on Central Avenue and then moved to south VS-Millbrook. My children went to Forest Road School.

I'll be back on the Breakaway on Feb. 28 and I can't wait!

Loving your review and your story! I am formerly from Valley Stream - I first lived in Cameo Townhomes on Central Avenue and then moved to south VS-Millbrook. My children went to Forest Road School.

I'll be back on the Breakaway on Feb. 28 and I can't wait!

I live in Millbrook! My daughter goes to Forest Road School! What a small world.

I live in Millbrook! My daughter goes to Forest Road School! What a small world.

Yes, small world! Loved that neighborhood! I was on Brentwood Lane. My kids are now 25 and 27, so a long time ago.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you everyone for all of your kind words. I have to say you put tears in my eyes. I'm such a sap. LOL.

I will try and respond to everyone's comments in the future.

And now, without further ado, I shall begin our cruise saga. :D

Im so thankful to you for sharing your story which gives me sooo much hope To top it all off, you have a great way of telling your story. I thank you a thousnd times :-)

Can you please tell me where you purchased the protective fancy head gear that was used during treatments?

Im so thankful to you for sharing your story which gives me sooo much hope To top it all off, you have a great way of telling your story. I thank you a thousnd times :-)

Can you please tell me where you purchased the protective fancy head gear that was used during treatments?

I used a company called Penguin Cold Caps. You rent the caps for the duration of your treatment. It was $580 per month with a $500 security deposit. I received my caps in October and returned them in December. You get 14 caps and they need to be changed every 30 minutes.

It is not covered by insurance, but during my last treatment another type of cold cap received FDA approval. So, maybe they will be soon.

If you are asking about them because you need chemo, I wish you the best of luck. Attitude counts A LOT in how you handle it, so keep positive.

I used a company called Penguin Cold Caps. You rent the caps for the duration of your treatment. It was $580 per month with a $500 security deposit. I received my caps in October and returned them in December. You get 14 caps and they need to be changed every 30 minutes.

It is not covered by insurance, but during my last treatment another type of cold cap received FDA approval. So, maybe they will be soon.

If you are asking about them because you need chemo, I wish you the best of luck. Attitude counts A LOT in how you handle it, so keep positive.

So hard some days and yes , I start next week. So afraid of the side effects I was diagnosed early and thankful that I listened my body. My medical journey began Nov 3, 2015. Had surgery Dec 16 and spent the holidays recovering. Every day I count my blessings and doing my best to kick the "C" out of my life. In the mean time, I will do my best to stay strong. Thank You for your kind words of encouragement and the infomation about the cap

Edited by tawaik
typo

Following your review as I'm thinking about this itinerary for next year.

Can i ask when after leaving new York did you see the sun/feel the heat? Was there a sail away party? Thanks

Yes, there was a sailaway party. We went to the one on the Haven sun deck. It was chilly but not unbearable. Those pictures are coming up soon. By the first morning people were out getting sun, in the pools and hot tubs, and were using the ropes course.

Yes, there was a sailaway party. We went to the one on the Haven sun deck. It was chilly but not unbearable. Those pictures are coming up soon. By the first morning people were out getting sun, in the pools and hot tubs, and were using the ropes course.

Fab thank you. I had the impression that it would be far too cold to be on the deck. Almost ready to click the 'book' button now