Breakaway 14 Day Southern Caribbean Review with lots of pictures (and the Haven)

ncklhaus

Coming along on your journey. Thanks for sharing your story, so inspirational! Good luck tomorrow and for a speedy recovery!

Thanks so much. It will probably be a day or two before I post more pictures. Edited:I have my Kindle and just figured it out. 😁 I don't know how I will feel tomorrow and I am staying with my parents tonight because of the weather. I was almost unable to get out of my street to get to them because of all the snow.

Edited by ncklhaus

Now would be a good time to post the dailies for day 1. I finally figured out how to post pictures with my Kindle. They are not the greatest quality because I took pictures of them. The rest of the days I will try and scan.

20160103_142152_zpsmgyafyht.jpg

20160103_142200_zpspu2sov2w.jpg20160103_142208_zps07lwatpu.jpg20160103_142215_zpsigl3kwnd.jpg20160103_142223_zpsl53remvt.jpg20160103_142233_zpscn6fmemw.jpg

After lunch and unpacking a bit, we went down to the Atrium to the Internet Cafe. I was having a little difficulty connecting to the internet. It was giving me error messages that my name was incorrect. Huh? I know my name. And it was correct on the Unlimited Internet Plan confirmation paper. See?

20160103_124340_zps5pel2ngq.jpg

It turns out they had me only as Jo. That was the issue. Problem solved. I have to say that their internet package was totally worth every penny. I used SO much. I think I used close to 10,000MB. I streamed music all night long with no issues.

Here is Melissa on one of the couches near the Internet Cafe waiting patiently.

20160103_134745_zps87shvwwa.jpg

20160103_134755_zpsg1ddc77v.jpg

At 3pm the entire ship pretty much shuts down as it is time for Muster drill time. Our meeting spot was B8, which was in O'Sheehan's. It was quick and easy. Scan your key card, have a seat and listen to the announcements. Easy peasy, lemon squeezy.

Some muster photos and the O'Sheehan's Ice Cream Menu (a la carte)

20160103_151745_zpshxntcujm.jpg

20160103_151805_zpsudvrjfgw.jpg

20160103_152030_zpsiq01xqz2.jpg

20160103_152034_zpsykqoqcps.jpg

20160103_152119_zpspw6u2uwz.jpg

20160103_152112_zpsmjxky63k.jpg

At 3pm the entire ship pretty much shuts down as it is time for Muster drill time. Our meeting spot was B8, which was in O'Sheehan's. It was quick and easy. Scan your key card, have a seat and listen to the announcements. Easy peasy, lemon squeezy.

Some muster photos and the O'Sheehan's Ice Cream Menu (a la carte)

20160103_152119_zpspw6u2uwz.jpg

20160103_152112_zpsmjxky63k.jpg

I'll chime in here to say that DH and I tried the a la carte ice cream. You'd think "WHY" when there's both hard and soft ice cream available for free! Well, we had some dining credit and were at the "use or lose" point on the last sea day, so we treated ourselves. He had a banana split and I had a hot fudge sundae. I'm sorry I didn't take pictures. They were phenomenal! Huge, for one thing, and all kinds of toppings -- sprinkles, oreos, gummy bears, and REAL whipped cream. It's probably a good thing it was our last day. :p

One note on O'Sheehans -- we were there a few times when there was entertainment happening in the atrium. If you find the music to be loud, ask for a table all the way back in the corner. Not so loud, able to carry on a conversation.

Best of luck in the morning, JoAnn!

Edited by Sandyshore

Beautiful story and riveting review. Doing the Haven on Breakaway in August. I'm a 9 year triple negative breast cancer survivor-diagnosed at 39. Stage 2- bilateral mastectomy, chemo, radiation and extensive reconstruction. Healthy today and going strong. Cancer cured me of fear. After treatment took my mom on the dream Mediterranean cruise we always wanted. You are an inspiration to others. Cancer is not a death sentence- there's HOPE! Stay strong and stay positive.

1st Haven experience coming up for my husban, me and our kids. I can't wait for the rest of your review!!!

Enjoying your review and the hope you've given me for my uterine cancer diagnosis. It's nice to read stories about cancer survivors when you're going through this.

Am in the middle of my radiation/chemo cycle, and when it's all over, I want to sail in a Haven suite to celebrate! So I appreciate all the time you're taking to do your review and post those fabulous pictures.

JoAnn, I'm hoping that your reconstruction went well on Monday and you were able to get there without any issues. The weather certainly turned out differently from what we expected in NW New Jersey. We thought no more than 12" and ended up with 30" in our neighborhood. Luckily our DPW guys worked themselves like dogs and our streets were plowed out in record time. Plus my boys did an amazing job on the driveway and sidewalk.

I'm not surprised you ended up at your parents to be sure you got out on Monday. Seeing the pictures from areas of NYC that didn't get cleaned out were shocking. I grew up in Kew Gardens, and spent many weekend afternoons out at Green Acres with my parents. We belonged to a beach club on Atlantic Beach when I was growing up.

Looking forward to hearing more about your trip. Can't see the pictures here at work, so I'll try again from home. Hoping that you're resting and recovering well.

This review is amazing! My family and I will be staying in that exact room in just over a month, and I cannot wait!!!!!!! I love all the details and pictures; amazing! Thanks for taking the time to put this together!

Make sure you tell your room steward Ven that we said hello and that Melissa said "Blah blah blah!" He will know what you mean, but it's from Hotel Transylvania 2.

I hope to work on the review a little more tonight or tomorrow.

JoAnn, I'm hoping that your reconstruction went well on Monday and you were able to get there without any issues. The weather certainly turned out differently from what we expected in NW New Jersey. We thought no more than 12" and ended up with 30" in our neighborhood. Luckily our DPW guys worked themselves like dogs and our streets were plowed out in record time. Plus my boys did an amazing job on the driveway and sidewalk.

I'm not surprised you ended up at your parents to be sure you got out on Monday. Seeing the pictures from areas of NYC that didn't get cleaned out were shocking. I grew up in Kew Gardens, and spent many weekend afternoons out at Green Acres with my parents. We belonged to a beach club on Atlantic Beach when I was growing up.

Looking forward to hearing more about your trip. Can't see the pictures here at work, so I'll try again from home. Hoping that you're resting and recovering well.

Thank you, the surgery went very well. I'm in a lot more pain than I thought I would be in because of the liposuction part of the reconstruction. He said he was going to use some belly fat to fill in around the implants so they would look real. Turns out I didn't have enough on my belly so he took from all around my abdomen, love handles area, by my C-section, etc. I swear I ate a lot on the cruise but I only gained one pound! Why anyone would do this to themselves if they didn't have to is beyond me.

Enjoying your review and the hope you've given me for my uterine cancer diagnosis. It's nice to read stories about cancer survivors when you're going through this.

Am in the middle of my radiation/chemo cycle, and when it's all over, I want to sail in a Haven suite to celebrate! So I appreciate all the time you're taking to do your review and post those fabulous pictures.

So glad I could be helpful. Before you know it, you'll be all done with treatment and be in that suite!

All of my pictures were taken with my phone. Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge +.

Beautiful story and riveting review. Doing the Haven on Breakaway in August. I'm a 9 year triple negative breast cancer survivor-diagnosed at 39. Stage 2- bilateral mastectomy, chemo, radiation and extensive reconstruction. Healthy today and going strong. Cancer cured me of fear. After treatment took my mom on the dream Mediterranean cruise we always wanted. You are an inspiration to others. Cancer is not a death sentence- there's HOPE! Stay strong and stay positive.

1st Haven experience coming up for my husban, me and our kids. I can't wait for the rest of your review!!!

Yay! That makes me really happy!

You're going to love the Haven.