Carry on beverages

hlb76

I have not cruised since the no bottle rule went into effect but planning our cruise for 10/2016. We will carry on a few 12 packs of soda as we are Pepsi fans. I will buy a case of water for the room now that its semi affordable. Of course my bottle of wine.

I was wondering though is it possible to bring juice bags/boxes on for the kids?

I know on the ship we will have no issue finding the kids a drink. I will even pack a bottle or two of water in our bag for excursions - but that gets heavy. And often finding a drink is easy on shore and many excursions have water/punch available.

I was thinking our day at HMC it would be nice to bring off juice bags or something for the kids. I know we can go to the food area for water/lemonade but that not uber convenient. We will get a cabana which does come with some beverages which is nice. But small juice bags would be better for our family.

I took go-go squeezes (applesauce bags) in my checked bags and it wasn't a problem. This is a time when I wouldn't suggest taking it in a carry on. The people doing the screening don't work for Carnival and you might catch one that's on a power trip. If you put it in your checked bag and it gets removed, you could always go to guest services to explain what they are and see if you could get them back.

The no bottle rule comes from people getting creative and substituting alcohol in the bottles and re-sealing them. It'd take a very crafty person to make that work with a juice bag/box!

So, we take the 12 pack of canned soda as a carry-on, correct? Do you put it in a bag, or can we just carry it by hand? Do you need to stick a luggage tag on it? If so, how do you attach it? (Sorry for all the questions lol)

So, we take the 12 pack of canned soda as a carry-on, correct? Do you put it in a bag, or can we just carry it by hand? Do you need to stick a luggage tag on it? If so, how do you attach it? (Sorry for all the questions lol)

Just carry it on. It does not have to be in a bag, you can carry the whole carton. Or, put it in a bag. Whatever you wish :)

Carry it so it can be seen. Some ports have a secondary line that you have to go through with the liquids.

You could get some of those individual flavoring powders - like Crystal Light - and add to water bottles for the kids. I know my grocery has quite a few different types from lemonades to sports drinks.

We thought the water was quite reasonable at $2.99 for a 12 pack delivered to your cabin and awaiting your arrival. Same price if you need more than you ordered pre-cruise. Comes out to $0.25 a bottle - not worth dragging it aboard for that price. :D

I wouldn't put any sort of drinks in checked luggage. If one pops open your clothes (not to mention those of anybody unlucky enough to have their suitcase below yours on the delivery carts) will be drenched in sweet yuck. :eek:

You could get some of those individual flavoring powders - like Crystal Light - and add to water bottles for the kids. I know my grocery has quite a few different types from lemonades to sports drinks.

We thought the water was quite reasonable at $2.99 for a 12 pack delivered to your cabin and awaiting your arrival. Same price if you need more than you ordered pre-cruise. Comes out to $0.25 a bottle - not worth dragging it aboard for that price. :D

I wouldn't put any sort of drinks in checked luggage. If one pops open your clothes (not to mention those of anybody unlucky enough to have their suitcase below yours on the delivery carts) will be drenched in sweet yuck. :eek:

We always bring Mio to spruce up our water or make drink in our room. I agree for 2.99 its not worth lugging it. We just might order extra but the grandkids love there juice bags. Waters they take one drink and are done.. lol