new CD on norwegian Escape Jan 23?

nangirl79

From the 2016 Cruise Director Thread...

FWIW, Jovo Sekulovic will be onboard as Hotel Director, Anil Chintapatla will be the F&B Director, and Carmencita Reid will be the Executive Housekeeper. Julie will also be going on vacation on the 23rd...Silas Cook will be stepping in.

We're sailing the 30th, so I'm curious if we'll have Silas or if Julie is only away for the week.

Honestly, does it really matter?

The cruise and entertainment staff work for the Cruise director. Basically everything entertainment that you experience as a passenger. And the CD sets the tone for the entire staff.

Julie established the entertainment program on the Escape (as she did on the Getaway and Breakaway).

Your passenger experience will be different with another cruise director aboard. And there is no guarantee that Julie's next contract will be on the Escape.

As stated, the cruise and entertainment staff work for the Cruise Director. We were on the Escape last November and Julie obviously did an outstanding job. The point of my question of does it matter who takes her place for a week is the crew and plans for a cruise are scheduled and put in place well in advance. The absence of Julie or any other CD for that matter should have little impact on a single week.

I'm more interested in who my bulter, room steward and bartender is because that affects me personally. Never has a CD been a major player in my enjoyment of a cruise, other than disturbing me with the inane announcements over the ship's PA system.:rolleyes:

As stated, the cruise and entertainment staff work for the Cruise Director. We were on the Escape last November and Julie obviously did an outstanding job. The point of my question of does it matter who takes her place for a week is the crew and plans for a cruise are scheduled and put in place well in advance. The absence of Julie or any other CD for that matter should have little impact on a single week.

My point is that this is the end of her contract on the Escape. Every cruise ship employee signs on to a ship on a contract. Some senior officers are 10 weeks on and 10 weeks off. Depending on where she is assigned on her next contract, she may never return to the Escape. Unlike the captain and hotel director, there was no named rotational replacement for her in the original crew announcement. So, this could be a one-time gig for her.