Carnival Australia faces class action by cruisers

I cannot see this going to court either and I certainly don't see the class action succeeding. From Carnival's crusie contract.

2. CRUISE ITINERARIES ARE NOT GUARANTEED Many factors may affect our ability to provide any particular itinerary. These include weather, mechanical difficulties, civil unrest or other unforeseen circumstances. We agree to use reasonable endeavours to provide a cruise in accordance with our published schedules and itineraries. However, we do not guarantee itineraries and they do not form part of your contract with us. If we are unable to operate in accordance with our published itinerary, we may in some circumstances offer you assistance or compensation in accordance with clause 26. - See more at: http://www.carnival.com.au/au-legal-notice/ticket-contract.aspx#sthash.hpPyEDoV.dpuf

Pretty clear whether they knew or not they do not have to do anything, however, perhaps they may provide FCC (for a percentage on this cruise) off their next cruise. This would be for everyone, not just the class action participants.

I hope they get nothing just because people that seek compensation for things like this (something caused by mother nature) are the absolute worst kinds of people that deserve nothing. To be completely honest people like this are the only thing wrong with the cruise industry, they're probably the same people that cause laundry rage and whinge about how it's the worst cruise they've been on... every time.

I hope they get nothing just because people that seek compensation for things like this (something caused by mother nature) are the absolute worst kinds of people that deserve nothing. To be completely honest people like this are the only thing wrong with the cruise industry, they're probably the same people that cause laundry rage and whinge about how it's the worst cruise they've been on... every time.

Unless Carnival lied and knew before boarding that this was happening.

Unless Carnival lied and knew before boarding that this was happening.

If they really found out that a cyclone was coming 30 minutes before the ship was due to depart, that doesn't really leave them any time to react. At the stage they would still be evaluating what the best course of action was, which they then took.

If they kept going into the cyclone to please the people that complained about the changed itinerary they would also be the first to cry for compensation when they hit bad weather I would believe.

If it was something like a mechanical fault or poor management on the cruise line behalf then I would completely understand, but putting people's safety first at the mercy of the cyclone was 100% the right decision to make no matter how much these sooks cry for compensation.

Most likely true, however, I can also understand why so many of them were disappointed. The trouble is people are always looking for someone to blame. Once blame is appointed, then others look for compensation.

Hmm ... there are some things caused by mother nature for which passengers are perfectly entitled to seek compensation, such as windows breaking causing sea water to flood a common area / cabin - many people have seen YouTubes of these events.

I have read a couple of cases on the Fair Trading site where people suffered injuries ... they certainly are entitled under law to seek compensation for any personal injury or damage to their goods and chattels. I personally experienced this when a cabin window blew in on me and two others in our cabin resulting in too many cuts to count, stitches and treatment required and a subsequent operation. Some of our goods were damaged beyond repair. IMO, if the ship was in good repair, the window should not have blown in. Looking around the ship after the "incident" I could see a lot of rust around windows and doors and the rubber inserts that act as a cushion between metal and other materials (e.g. glass) was in some cases IMO in poor condition.

By lodging complaints / seeking compensation / publishing issues, sometimes changes to operational procedures need to occur which helps to make cruising safer for everyone.

To paraphrase you, to be completely honest people who rubbish people with legitimate complaints are the only thing wrong with the cruise industry.

Just got back today from a ten day cruise to the islands & we where updated twice daily by the Captain on The Spirit. He kept us informed about Debbie & when it become a low pressure system. We had good seas & good weather for 8 days only 2 days were rough/Wet. oh we still got to ever port. :=)

Just got back today from a ten day cruise to the islands & we where updated twice daily by the Captain on The Spirit. He kept us informed about Debbie & when it become a low pressure system. We had good seas & good weather for 8 days only 2 days were rough/Wet. oh we still got to ever port. :=)

Welcome back, That is good news about your cruise, the cruise lines do get it right more times than not when it comes to dodging weather systems. :D

• 3 weeks later...

The Funny thing Just 20 days ago; Carnival had to change there cruise from the islands & they went to Nth Qld & Bris-Vegas. Because of a Cyclone. I didn't hear one complainet about this cruise. Left on the 7th april. Lol

The Funny thing Just 20 days ago; Carnival had to change there cruise from the islands & they went to Nth Qld & Bris-Vegas. Because of a Cyclone. I didn't hear one complainet about this cruise. Left on the 7th april. Lol

I never understood it.

If it's dangerous I don't want to go there.