Magic Extended Aft Cabin Preference

Roxxy

Am I understanding correctly that no matter which floor I choose, there is absolutely no overhang on any of the floors?

We love love love the aft cabins but also like the option of having some shade.

Does anyone have a favourite floor and aft cabin they prefer? Let me know :)

Deck 9 does have an overhang above it, however deck chairs scraping on Lido could be a problem if that sort of thing bothers you.

Does it have a complete overhang? 2 feet, 4 feet ........

Also, do ALL of the aft balconies have the same size overhang?

We just got off the Breeze cabin 9478 which was a middle aft deck cabin and the whole 9th deck had the overhang. Shady all day long. Decks 8 and below were uncovered. The lido floor scraping was never an issue when we did here it was mid day but after dark you would rarely hear anything above. Also another advantage was you were only 1 floor away from the Lido buffet, pizza kitchen and a bar.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have to admit that the different classifications of aft balconies sometimes confuse me! Is the aft extended the same as an aft wrap? If they are different, do the aft extended balconies have loungers or chairs? I definitely want a balcony with loungers and I'm not sure which one I need to book. Thanks!

Aft extended are on the back and the balconies are longer than those on the side. Aft wraps are the two corner cabins on each deck. The cabins are of varying shapes and the balconies are quite long since they extend around the corner giving you a side and a back view from the balcony.

I believe The aft balconies that border the aft wrap balconies have a larger balcony than the other ones

Just be aware that most of those next to the end cabins that have the large balconies have a smaller inside cabin space and no sofa. It's a trade off which you want more. We won't book those because it is pretty tight inside. You have to check each ship and even the deck to see which ones are affected. If there is no sofa then it is usually the smaller cabin.

We've stayed in cabin 7464 on the Magic and Breeze 4 times and love it. There is a slight slanted over hang (about 18 inches) that provides some shade and in the morning if you are traveling east you have plenty of shade but of course you don't have any shade in the afternoon. If you are looking for shade in the middle of the day you won't have much but there is plenty in the morning and evenings depending on what direction you are traveling. We like a little of both sun and shade so if that's what you like you will enjoy it. Have fun!

I believe The aft balconies that border the aft wrap balconies have a larger balcony than the other ones

Good to hear as we just booked one on the Magic. It was a last minute deal and the ship leaves 4/30. It will be our first aft-balcony and our Milestone cruise. :) John

Just be aware that most of those next to the end cabins that have the large balconies have a smaller inside cabin space and no sofa. It's a trade off which you want more. We won't book those because it is pretty tight inside. You have to check each ship and even the deck to see which ones are affected. If there is no sofa then it is usually the smaller cabin.

Your comment sent me on a journey to investigate our cabin as we are right next to a wrap. I found a Youtube video review of our cabin. It looks to be a normal, 185 sq. ft. balcony cabin, but the balcony looks bigger than I expected -->

John