Carry-on luggage size for international flight

NCTribeFan

In reading thru the posts it is mentioned several times not to worry - OPer is in AA on all flights.....

Well that triggered a question I have.....

This not about carry on...this is a checked question

We are booked on BA for our TA next fall (SAT-FCO)

The 1st leg is AA SAT-DFW from there is all BA metal

BA international (Business) allows for 3 checked bags - never thought I should be concerned till I read this thread..... Will I have to adhere to AA Domestic restrictions on checked luggage on the 1st leg.....?

I am assuming that since this was booked thru BA that their rules are the ones we follow.....

I know this sounds like a dumb question...and please be kind with your response.....

thanx, trish

The 1st leg is AA SAT-DFW from there is all BA metal

BA international (Business) allows for 3 checked bags - never thought I should be concerned till I read this thread..... Will I have to adhere to AA Domestic restrictions on checked luggage on the 1st leg.....?

I am assuming that since this was booked thru BA that their rules are the ones we follow.....

Good question!

Is there anything on your reservation that indicates luggage allowance? or who you check in with?

Good question!

Is there anything on your reservation that indicates luggage allowance? or who you check in with?

Thank you.....

We check in with AA.....(BA does not fly to SAT, we pick them up at DFW)

BA lists their allowance but in the fine print it says

"Different checked baggage charges and restrictions may apply on other airlines. Please see the operating airline's website for information."

with a link to AA....

After deciphering the explination...it appears that AA and BA have the same restrictions

I guess things would be different if that were not the case.....

After our TA we will fly United from FLL to SAT - their restrictions are more restrictive than BA and AA....but we will deal.....

thanx again - trish

I just finished up a rather arduous research on flights to Europe for my bff and I. It's a points+cash thing, so I had to figure out a lot. The flights are all technically on British Airways, but there's code shares involved, as well as LHR to Europe and back short flights.

We want to avoid checked luggage, because the trip is cruise and land both, so trains, planes, and buses.

I just finished packing for my upcoming cruise, so I thought I would experiment and see how much I could get in my carry-on spinner wheel suitcase. It's a hard-shell type, and measures less than 21" high, 13.5" wide, and 9" deep.

Packing all my toiletries in small travel jars and bottles, so I can carry them in my shoulder bag, here's what I packed for a 16 day trip:

1. One pair black knit pants

2. One pair brown knit pants

3. One pair navy knit pants

4. Two pairs black capris

5. Six blouses to coordinate with pants, including black blouse that matches travel jacket

6. Navy lightweight knit jacket

7. Royal blue/black/silver knit jacket

8. Lighter weight knit vest

9. However many chiffon less dressy evening jackets that can fit

10. Black cami

11. Short sleeve black blouse for under jackets

12. 7 pairs of undies; 1 extra bra

13. Two sets of jammies

14. Berni Mev black shoes

15. Day walking sandals

16. Black evening sandals

Wear on plane:

1. One pair black knit pants for day

2. Blue jewel tones front/black knit black tunic

3. Black travel jacket

4. Black walking sneakers (get new lightweight pair)

Travel bag/carry-on:

1. Toiletries in small travel jars and bottles

2. iPad

3. Bose headphones

4. Green plastic make-up case

5. Travel wallet

6. Pills for 16 days

7. Sunglasses

8. Sleep mask and earplugs

1446311788_Carry-onsuitcase.jpg.5f72938bc8f0080c9e1c69b3fb0b1ed3.jpg

Edited by pcur

We do the same. Carry on only. I also take a small backpack with an Ipad and sweater.

We never have never had a problem on international flights. Once in a while some of the European discount airlines, will do a weigh. So we take anything heavy out of our carry on bag and place it in the backpack. Takes about a kilo off of bag weight...enough to easily pass the weight or surcharge test. Same procedure when we are in Asia later this month.