British Isles

augies

Is the British Isles cruise very "dressy"? We are booked in June and I'm wondering about what to bring.

Thanks for your help.

Took this cruise last summer. I did not notice any different dress than on any other cruise---Caribbean, Hawaiian, New England/Canada, Alaska, Tahiti.

We did our British Isle cruise in 2013. Back then we dressed smart casual for dinner (We did traditional dining), and on formal nights most men wore suits, but we had table mates (Who were from Bristol England) who dressed to the nines (The DH had two different tuxes, and the DW wore fancy evening dresses), but the rest of us peasants managed to fit in okay, and the Brits were so well mannered I could have shown up for dinner in a sackcloth and I don't think they would have raised an eyebrow.

What you do want to do is pack layers. We went in August and it was still rather cool most days. Be sure to take a light jacket or at least a rain poncho.

It was the most port intensive cruise I have ever been on. 12 days with only 2 sea days. It was a feat of survival! Most people dressed to be on shore.

In the evenings, people looked a bit nicer in the dining room. I saw lots of suits and fancy dresses, even when it was not formal night. We had 6 pm TD.

I wrote a live from of the trip and the link is posted in my signature line. We booked all private tours. It was great fun (and then-- not so much).

I would definately do this cruise again!

By far the "Dressiest" cruise my wife and I have experienced. The orchestral string quartet that performed nightly in the Piazza was also very well attended and appreciated.

Overall the passengers had a higher level of sophistication than we have experienced in North American / Caribbean itineraries - very enjoyable !

It made us consider Cunard in the future.......