The Jewel is a JEWEL

www3traveler

Thank you. In the Farewell Song, there is a line that says " your home away from". I feel very much at home on a Norwegian ship. I think that I could comfortable live on a Norwegian ship.

I hope you enjoy your cruises on The Jewel and The Sun. The Sun is a neat little ship and very different from the rest of the fleet. She too has a wonderful staff. I just sail on Her this past September.

Mandy

Yes, the SUN is different. That will be our 8th cruise on her. The staff is special as on the other NCL ships. It is good to see what ships they are on from Facebook and we've seen some on other ships.

• 2 weeks later...

I have only cruised on Pride of America & Pride of Hawaii (now the Jade) which is NCLA, American flagged ships. I booked the Jewel for next year.

I never get too concerned when a negative review pops up. As we can see from this thread, there are different service staff and some are better than others. When I was on Pride of Hawaii on my first cruise, we had great service while my friends and many others complaining had horrible service with no change of towels in their rooms etc so you never know. It is hit or miss. It is important to go with the flow and not let little things bug you. It doesn't matter what cruiseline you are on, they all have these kinds of issues.

Hi,

We chose the specialty dining package can you tell me your 3 favorite specialty restaurants and why?

Teppenyaki was fun..watching the chefs chop your food and cook it we a fun show and the garlic rice and shrimp was amazing!

Cagneys steak house had great menu..if you are a steak eater..go for the big steaks the 5 oz filet was TINY..also a lot of fun sides to order.

The Bistro French estuarine had really great food..if you are into exotic dishes..if not the lobster is THE way to go..great service and great creme brûlée!

Just be sure and make your reservations early if you have a specific dining time you like!

Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...

Me and the DW will be taking our first Alaskan cruise this summer. Do any of you have pricing details on spa massages? We've been on Carnival a few times and they usually had special spa pricing while in port. Does the Jewell do the same?

Me and the DW will be taking our first Alaskan cruise this summer. Do any of you have pricing details on spa massages? We've been on Carnival a few times and they usually had special spa pricing while in port. Does the Jewell do the same?

Yes, there are usually Spa Specials on days when the ship is in port. Have no idea what the pricing for this season will be.

Because of the history, my favorite port is Skagway.

Enjoy your cruise. I will be on The Jewel again in May of 2017 for Her first cruise of the season out of Seattle.

If you can stay in Seattle a couple of days.

The Jewel sails from right downtown Seattle past the Space Needle built for the 1962 World's Fair. The Observation Deck is woth the trip up there if you are not afraid of heights.

Mandy

For those of you scheduled to take an Alaskan cruise this summer, boy, are you in for a special treat! I've sailed there 4 times. The beauty is outstanding. I love the Jewel!

If you do a search here on CC, there was a thread about 'tips' for the Jewel. But, that was quite a while back. At least a year. But, if you are curious to get tips specifically for that ship, start another thread. I can post some tips on it, also.

We are on the Jewel May 7th this year been to AK 5 time in the last few years looking forward to go again. Glad to hear she is nice been on Pearl and Escape.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

• 5 weeks later...