Has anyone used Valet Anywhere

Vt Rider

Cruising out of NY on the Breakaway on 2-21-16. I've always parked at the dock but have been looking at alternatives to the $40 a day parking.

I found Valet Anywhere and was wondering if anyone has used them or knows about them.

Almost sounds too good to be true.

Cruising out of NY on the Breakaway on 2-21-16. I've always parked at the dock but have been looking at alternatives to the $40 a day parking.

I found Valet Anywhere and was wondering if anyone has used them or knows about them.

Vt Rider -

We just returned on Monday from the Gem Caribbean 10 day out of NYC.

One of our Cruise Critic Friends was aboard and he used Valet Anywhere.

Here is the link to his cruise review. If you scroll down to the EMBARKATION section he gives his opinion of Valet Anywhere.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2309548

Have a great cruise !

Regards,

Vinegarjoe

Check the NY Home Ports board - I found a lot of great information there. Here's one thread that has some tips on parking at Cape Liberty on the NJ side: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2163707

If you can use mass transit - ie don't have a ton of luggage - I understand that some hotels right at the PATH station near Liberty Park in NJ have a park and cruise package. The PATH takes you directly to Central Station, a short cab ride from the pier (we would walk it as I think it is under 2 miles).

A car service such as Dial-9 or CARMEL is actually what we used on our trip from Newark Airport to a condo in the city we stayed at (we used CARMEL and can recommend them). The advantage of the car services over a cab are that you reserve your ride ahead of time, and they don't have a meter running. We were stuck in traffic for an hour getting into the city at the same time as Pope Francis, but our car service fare was not affected like it would be in a cab.

We used Valet Anywhere and we found them to be terrific. VinegarJoe linked to my review. I got a special deal. $139 for 10 days. I believe the regular rate is $300, but they come right to the pier and meet you.

They also pick you up right at the pier and you don't have to cross the street.

I definitely recommend them

Let's put it this way.... I'll NEVER EVER use anyone but Valet Anywhere again for a cruise. To say this company was excellent is an understatement. They were waiting for us at the pier when we pulled up to the terminal, helped us unload our car; for the return, was waiting at the ramp and had the car right outside the door when our porter wheeled our luggage out.. Even the porter commented and said, I know this must of cost a bundle but it's worth every penny. I turned to him and told him... it only cost $149, (I didn't prepay so I didn't get the $10 discount). He was shocked. Simply the best parking choice available. To be honest, we brought the leased Cadillac to experiment with figuring if it doesn't appear on Feb 1, it's only a deductible and lessoned learned.... well, the lesson learned was.... USE VALET ANYWHERE EVERY TIME!

Dshefter and Vinegar Joe can vouch for me that I was actually on the cruise and I'm NOT someone from Valet Anywhere writing this review; on the cruise, I was the guy who during the 1st slot pull did the 4 $15 pulls right in a row for my family.

Donald

No worries there. Just give them an estimated time. They send you Text messages and you can contact the valet by phone.

We were delayed about 20 minutes getting off the GEM and we chatted with our valet and he was there when we got off.

I could not have been more pleased with the service. I tipped each of our drivers well.

When you have a lot of luggage, the last thing you want to do is lug it around from a parking garage. These guys met us right at the pier and were promptly there upon our debarkation.

I would not hesitate to use this company again.