Info re:Hawaii Hostess on Celebrity sailings to the islands

luv2cruise450

Hi...

We sailed from SD to Hawaii and back a few years ago on the Century and there was a Hawaiian woman named June who basically ran all the shipboard activities that really got one into the Hawaiian spirit. She was fantastic and her programs were always jammed...from Hula classes to the various craft activities, etc. Also on board with her were 2 Hawaiian men who taught ukulele classes and also did some performing in several venues on the ship.

I tried doing searches for info on the forums but have not found anything about whether she is still doing this and if so on which Celebrity ship?

My DH and I have talked about her and the 2 musicians and how they made this wonderful sailing even more interesting and now several friends are thinking of doing a similar sailing. And if June is on a Celebrity ship doing this we would love to sail with her again. Any info would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

I remember Juna and the 2 Ukulele guys, as my husband went to their lessons.

You might like to post your query on the Roll Call for the Solstice repositioning cruise, which visits Hawaii in April. There may just be someone on there who has more up to date information.

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2061629&page=74

Edited by upwarduk

Awhile ago on our RT Hawaii cruise we had Paki Alan (?)..Hawaiian ambassador..

He gave history, geograpy talks, etc,

He led hands on craft and cultural classes...baskets, leis , jewelry, tc.

Gave free hula lessons...and we performed in the theatre..memorable!

His presence onboard totally enhanced our Hawaii cruise experence..,hope they have someone like him on board..

We sailed from Hawaii to Vancouver last year (2015) on Solstice.

There was a troupe of Hawaiian ambassadors on board. This trio (2 gals and a fellow - maybe in their 20's or 30's) were exceptional. I have sailed with June a couple of times as well and enjoyed her sessions. This group reminded me of sailing on American Hawaii Cruises which had more of a spiritual twist (kumu priest on board). There was always a prayer/chant before the lessons.

Hopefully Celebrity is keeping this kind of activity alive and well.

Aloha.