Just Off Celebrity Reflection Review- if under 30 MUST READ

dgreenie28

Interesting to read the review--our sons ages 20 and 23 had a blast on 15 days in the Baltics...

There were a ton of 20somethings onboard and they all got together at the bar after late dining---and were in Quaasar to the very wee hours--sometimes getting in after 3 or 4am!

Had a blast

As far as food--they loved everything on the menus and often ordered 2 apps or 2 entrees...

They are used to traveling internationally--and thought the food was great. And would say the Indian offerrings were some of the best curries ever.

They used the gym and sauna often. Hung by the pool with the rest of this 20 something pack...and even played some "rugby" on the lawn.

They went to the shows...and the group became a standard fixture at the shows that the CD was an honorary member...and would join them for a drink at the bars.

All of the group were 20s...and they keep in touch

All this is to say that X can be a great cruise line for you but it can be the itinerary/time of year.

For example--the holidays are packed with families and little kids....

In our case the ship sailed out of Southampton and there were a few families from Hong Kong with little kids and some from the UK with teenagers--but the large part of the pax were 20s-30 (better than 10%) 30s-60s (80%) and on the upper end of 70s + (maybe 10%)....

It was a port intensive cruise ... not a sun/sleep cruise.

So don't give up on X

Edited by Fogfog

Well I am 53 years old and have been on 50 plus cruises.... most on RCI and X.

We have sailed the Refection 3 times in the last 18 months.....that ship is amazing....shows are terrible we get the 5 dinner package....AMAZING!!!! Amazing ship

Me thinks I smell a Rat............

Give her a break, she's not on here every day, and to be honest I don't blame her. I was subscribing to this thread because I thought it was funny at first, how personally everyone was taking her review, but now I feel bad for the OP; people just aren't giving up.

She did say in her first post that she's been on a lot of different cruise lines, so if you want an answer to your question, I would suggest starting there. If you read between the lines (i.e. lox for breakfast, the kosher catering comment) you may consider a Jewish upbringing, or at least Jewish influence in her diet. I think that lends credence to the catering narrative.

I for one give her credit. She has come back here several times to reply to comments, and while they may not be the answers you want or in a timely enough manner for you... I think they go to show that she's earnest and her intentions for her initial review were positive - in that she thought she could help others out.

Well, she's had a few weeks now to answer. I think the non-answer is one most everyone was expecting. And most of the people in this thread nailed it correctly about the type of "review" it was....

We will take the OPs review at face value which is to say that X just did not suit their style or wants. But with so many cruises under her belt, one would have expected her to have done a little homework about the cruise line.....which does not target those in their mid-20s. Each cruise line (and often different ships within a cruise line) has their pros and cons and also their primary market. If you want to "party" with younger adults you should know that going on Carnival, the mega ships of RCI, or some of the NCL ships would be a better fit. If the OP was a cruise "newbie" we would suggest reading through the various cruise line threads here on CC to get a better understanding of what each line is about. But since the OP is a well seasoned cruiser we are really shocked at how she has not already figured this out.

Hank

Edited by Hlitner

But since the OP is a well seasoned cruiser we are really shocked at how she has not already figured this out.

Hank

Something is really fishy about the original review. It would make sense if this was a person's first cruise. However,…..

I think it is time to move this thread to a retirement village.:)