D+ Discount on Beverage Package

Just an FYI for those that are not aware.........if you wait to buy your Beverage Package on the ship, they offer a 30% discount to D+ members. I was not aware of this and purchased a package for my husband before we sailed. When I got onboard I saw the discount offer. I went to Guest Relations and was told that they would review my request and get back to me. I got a call the next day telling me that they would not be able to give me the discount. I called C & A today, explained my dilemma, was transferred to Post Cruise and they took care of it for me. I'll be looking for a credit of $96 on my credit card. It pays to dig deeper.

Just an FYI for those that are not aware.........if you wait to buy your Beverage Package on the ship, they offer a 30% discount to D+ members. I was not aware of this and purchased a package for my husband before we sailed. When I got onboard I saw the discount offer. I went to Guest Relations and was told that they would review my request and get back to me. I got a call the next day telling me that they would not be able to give me the discount. I called C & A today, explained my dilemma, was transferred to Post Cruise and they took care of it for me. I'll be looking for a credit of $96 on my credit card. It pays to dig deeper.

This was Adventure?

wow, thanks for posting this. I will for sure wait until I board

Do you remember whether the Crown & Anchor discounts applied to all beverage packages (including the soda package), or only certain ones?

I'm in the evaluation process for whether to get the Premium package on my upcoming sailing. I'm likely to get at least the soda package in any case (I like the Freestyle machines), so I'm curious about how the difference might work out to get a rough idea of what the alcohol part of the package would cost.

Diamond here. Is this a new thing? Is it only offered on Adventure? Is it offered on 3 day cruises or does it have to be a longer Cruise. Thanks in advance if anyone knows.

Edited by link99

Diamond here. Is this a new thing? Is it only offered on Adventure? Is it offered on 3 day cruises or does it have to be a longer Cruise. Thanks in advance if anyone knows.

Not fleetwide, some ships are experimenting, and even on the same ship it's not offered every cruise.

I've read of similar offers on Serenade, but only if purchasing the Ultimate package.

We've purchased ours in advance too, so it will be an interesting conversation if a discount is being offered once we board on the 15th Feb.

This is changing ship to ship.

On Navigator in November/December they gave 50percent off to Pinnacle, 40percent to Diamond Plus, and 30 Percent to Diamond. It was for the Ultimate Drink Package only.

On the Independence short cruises I was on in early Jan they did not offer this.

On Allure which I was on a few weeks ago, they did not offer this.

This really has me perplexed on what to do.

We will be on the 26 February sailing of Serenade. (We are Diamond.) We always pre-purchase the soda package and then when we get onboard determine whether we will upgrade to the Premium Package. Given the number of sea days, we will probably upgrade, but do we upgrade to the Package or cross our fingers and hope there is a drink card in the offering later in the cruise that might be more economical? Should I cancel the soda package and book it on ship?

I would call Crown & Anchor and ask, what discounts are offered for each package. I was told that if I had read the fine print on the web site I would have seen that the discount was available. I have been trying to find the "fine print" on the site but I can't find it anywhere.

This really has me perplexed on what to do.

We will be on the 26 February sailing of Serenade. (We are Diamond.) We always pre-purchase the soda package and then when we get onboard determine whether we will upgrade to the Premium Package. Given the number of sea days, we will probably upgrade, but do we upgrade to the Package or cross our fingers and hope there is a drink card in the offering later in the cruise that might be more economical? Should I cancel the soda package and book it on ship?

I would wait and book on the ship. Talk to some of tbe bar tenders and ask if they have been giving discounts or cards later in the cruise.