Pinnacle Perk, do I book now or wait till onboard?

Cessna140

Hello

I am a newbie to HAL and have a question about a perk Pinnacle dinner. My TA tells me my dinner date and time will be in my cabin on embarkation day. Can I go onto the HAL website and pick a date and time to my liking ? But am I correct in thinking that if I do that, I will be charged the $29 fee to my credit card and won't have use of the "perk" money?

Thanks!

If you have a Pinnacle dinner coming with your cruise it's best to check with the grill as soon as you board as to when they booked your dinner and change to your liking. You may or may not get a notification until the day before your booking.

If you book before you will pay $29 but can get that credited.

If it is part of Explore 4 the bookings get sticky since so many are involved thus go early to change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by mllewis48

The last 2 times we've had a "Pinnacle Perk," our reservation date & time was assigned by the ship. There was a card with the information in our stateroom on embarkation day. We immediately went to the Pinnacle and requested a different day & time. No problem on either occasion. I suspect if you try to do it online they will treat it as a new reservation, not your complimentary perk. Good luck and enjoy your cruise and dinner! :)

As stated, your date and time will be assigned but if you wish to change it, try as soon as possible. See the Pinnacle Manager at your first opportunity if you don't like the day/time they assigned you.

We also had a Pinacle Dinner as a perk. Was also told that a card with date and time would be waiting in our stateroom. It was, and we phoned the Pinacle right away and got a date and time that suited u

s better, without a problem. The dinner was fantastic........:)

Edited by SonnekeH

We also had a Pinacle Dinner as a perk. Was also told that a card with date and time would be waiting in our stateroom. It was, and we phoned the Pinacle right away and got a date and time that suited us better, without a problem. The dinner was fantastic........:)

We had the Explore4 on our last cruise.

When we got to our cabin, the card was there with the date and time listed on it. It was for embarkation day at 5 PM.

We went to the Pinnacle to ask for it to be changed to a different day. They couldn't/wouldn't change it as they had so many people who had the Explore4 and Dine Around promotions.

I had pre-booked the Tamarind for embarkation day -- had to cancel that.

We had the Explore4 on our last cruise.

When we got to our cabin, the card was there with the date and time listed on it. It was for embarkation day at 5 PM.

We went to the Pinnacle to ask for it to be changed to a different day. They couldn't/wouldn't change it as they had so many people who had the Explore4 and Dine Around promotions.

I had pre-booked the Tamarind for embarkation day -- had to cancel that.

You just seem to have the worst luck.

I hate when I read you are refused things so often. :(

What do you mean Pinnacle Manager wouldn't provide the five star free dinners if you had already made reservations? That is not an arbitrary decision. If they refused you a reservation claiming they were full is one thing but if you already had a booking, they have to honor it and our account has always been automatically credited?

Did you never get the free Pinnacle dinners on that cruise?

What do you mean Pinnacle Manager wouldn't provide the five star free dinners if you had already made reservations? That is not an arbitrary decision. If they refused you a reservation claiming they were full is one thing but if you already had a booking, they have to honor it and our account has always been automatically credited?

Did you never get the free Pinnacle dinners on that cruise?

We had pre-booked the Pinnacle dinners and he claimed that they had to be made on the ship. I got into it with him as we have pre-booked the dinners on other ships and did the money refunded to our shipboard account without any problems. I told him that we would be reporting him to Seattle.

We had pre-booked the Pinnacle dinners and he claimed that they had to be made on the ship. I got into it with him as we have pre-booked the dinners on other ships and did the money refunded to our shipboard account without any problems. I told him that we would be reporting him to Seattle.

Sounds like not the best PG Manager. We eat at PG every night and book ahead to secure our times- have never had a problem getting stuff credited back- normally don't even ask- just appears on our bill.

That's ridiculous.

Was he new?

Sounds like not the best PG Manager. We eat at PG every night and book ahead to secure our times- have never had a problem getting stuff credited back- normally don't even ask- just appears on our bill.

Same for us. We never had an issue having them credit our on board account with whatever over charge we had paid by pre-booking our Pinnacle reservations.

Did you get your money back?