knitting group ms Rotterdam

jakkojakko

Yes, the groups vary in size but are interesting if you find you want companionship (or help!) during a cruise. Unfortunately the groups now seem to be relegated to small rooms, so I'm less interested, but I keep aware of where and when they are held. It's just a drop-in kind of thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

There was a crochet group that I think met in the Culinary Studio - movie theater on the Amsterdam. Seemed like it might have been a hobby for one of the Explorations staff people. Looked like it would be fun place to meet and talk to other passengers and get some projects done too.

On Amsterdam there was a "group" if you want to call them that. It was un-hosted and the meeting was in the crows nest once or twice a day. On the world cruise one of the blogs "the-inside-cabin" his wife is a knitter. On his website there are pics of what she has worked on and also finished. There are also pics of yarn she has bought in different ports they have visited.

On some ships, a staff member hosts a group of needle workers on sea days. But if a. "Knitting group" is scheduled to be on board, that is different. I'll be on a knitting cruise in May.....probably about 60 of us, we usually eat as a group at early seating but we're a small group and don't interfere with the whole dining situation like a large group scheduled on the Westerdam.

Only members of the group who have paid extra for classes may join us for formal classes, but at night we knit informally and we always welcome other knitters.

On my last 2 cruises they had a "knitting group" that meet on sea days in the Sports Bar. This was a bring whatever project you brought with you to work on while on the ship. There was knitting, embroidery, counted cross stitch and quilting. Several of the knitters offer to help people with learning to knit. There was no real instruction. Just a friendly group getting together.

Depends if it an official group or not. I've looked into several quilting cruises & just can't see paying the price differential... Meanwhile I bring projects to work on. ;)

I'll have to see if there are any informal crafty get togethers on my next cruise.