Coral Princess - deck plans, forward viewing

Wishing on a star

Right now we are booked in a forward cabin.

I notice in a trip report, with photos, that decks 10 and 11 have a deck, just below the bridge, that is often open/unlocked for viewing.

It looks as if deck 9 might have a similar, larger, area? Does anyone know if this is an area like decks 10 and 11? (which would be less walking/stairs)

Thanks!

Edited by Wishing on a star

I notice in a trip report, with photos, that decks 10 and 11 have a deck, just below the bridge, that is often open/unlocked for viewing.

It looks as if deck 9 might have a similar, larger, area? Does anyone know if this is an area like decks 10 and 11? (which would be less walking/stairs)

Thanks!

Those areas are sometimes restricted to crew only.

Thanks!

I believe that there are forward viewing areas for sure on 9/10/11, maybe even 8.

coral-b.jpg

photo-e.jpg

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Since we are talking deck plans maybe someone can help me. On deck 8 the deck plan looks like you can not get from the front of the ship to the back. It looks like there is a solid wall by the card room. Can someone who has been on the coral let me know if you can walk the entire deck or if I have to go up or down to get to the rear.

Since we are talking deck plans maybe someone can help me. On deck 8 the deck plan looks like you can not get from the front of the ship to the back. It looks like there is a solid wall by the card room. Can someone who has been on the coral let me know if you can walk the entire deck or if I have to go up or down to get to the rear.

Yes I walked it every time on the Coral in Oct.

Headed from aft cabin to forward elevators and up to the HC.

You just head around the internet cafe through the card room or excursion desk area and continue on.

Thanks!

Decks 10 and 11 are the only 2 with passenger access. The larger area on deck 9 is reserved for crew only. Here's a photo I took from Deck 11 going through the Panama Canal. You can see passengers one deck below on Deck 10. But only crew on the larger deck below. They were taking a crew photo at the time. Other times I've seen crew sunbathing and relaxing in this space.

7228437002_e50caba7de_z.jpg

Decks 10 and 11 are the only 2 with passenger access. The larger area on deck 9 is reserved for crew only. Here's a photo I took from Deck 11 going through the Panama Canal. You can see passengers one deck below on Deck 10. But only crew on the larger deck below. They were taking a crew photo at the time. Other times I've seen crew sunbathing and relaxing in this space.

7228437002_e50caba7de_z.jpg

I've seen deck 9 open to passengers in Alaska.

Kamloops50 - That's good to hear. Alaska's a good place for that. But on the Panama Canal cruise I was on, it was strictly crew only. There's even a small crew pool that's just behind the railing the crew photographer is at in my photo.

Edited by Jasperdo