Thoughts on carnival breeze cove balcony please

boxerdog2

This is a good question, and I think you'll find a lot of info on this forum regarding cove balconies. We generally book aft balconies, but tried a cove on the Magic. We loved it. We enjoyed being close to the water line and able to see wildlife (dolphins, flying fish, etc). The balcony also feels more private and enclosed. We liked the 2nd floor location and it was easy to maneuver around the ship. I will say, good advice is to try to get a location that is not directly under the galley. There has been talk of occasional noises and bumps as the kitchen is open nearly 24/7 if I'm not mistaken.

We will be on the Breeze March 12th and have booked a cove balcony. Can't wait!

Many cruisers like cove balconies for many of the reasons the above poster mentioned. I'll add that not being directly in the sun and not worrying about sunburn is another plus. Of course, if you're wanting the sun and are trying to get a suntan then I guess it isn't a plus lol. But a complaint often heard is that being so close to the water if there's rough seas the balcony is unusable due to water constantly splashing up onto the balcony. Also, many cruisers don't like being so low and far away from the lido deck where the pool and food is. Some cruisers love them, some hate them. I guess it's up to your preferences.

17 cruises and we have only had a cove balcony once, but we loved it! It was on the Breeze. I agree, be careful where you pick your room. We were under the galley and it sounded like we were under a bowling alley all night, every night. Luckily we are both very sound sleepers and after the first couple of nights it didn't bother us too much. We liked it better than the aft balcony. On the same trip my sister and BIL had an aft wrap around and we thought we would spend all our time on their balcony, but instead the four of us spent our time on our little cove. Much nicer!

• 3 weeks later...

My husband and I LOVED our cove balcony on the Breeze. It was great to wake up every morning and sit out there in our robes and enjoy the views. So peaceful! It is nice to be closer to the water level and it is very private. We loved the shade as well, as we burn easily. The room itself was the same as the upper balcony rooms, and larger than we thought it would be. There was noise during the night from up above in the kitchen (bumps, things being pushed?, etc) but we are sound sleepers so this did not bother us. If you are a light sleeper, this cabin is probably not for you. We would definitely book this cabin again. We also liked being on deck 2... as we were right around the corner from the aft elevators and close to the dining room (easy for those sea day brunches.) Enjoy!

we just got off the Breeze on Saturday and got our first cove balcony. I thought I was going to LOVE it but truthfully I'm still not sure if I would get it again. Perhaps we just had back luck but our balcony was wet for the entire cruise and the railing and all surfaces were covered in salt for the entire cruise. Also, the chairs are small chairs, not the usual ones on balconies and ours was completely rusted out. We reported it to the steward and she said she had already made a report and didn't think it would be replaced quickly. She gave us extra towels to sit on because the rusty chunks of paint scratched our legs. I did love being so close to the water and the sound of the waves though.

Not sure if the pic shows how bad the chairs are.

454.jpg.27c4369ed1b3c32154e0c346ec76ac45.jpg

We had 2288 on the Dream and loved it. We booked Breeze 2288 for our b2b cruise next month. I have a YouTube video if you want to get an idea. Just search carnival dream cove 2288 to view. If you do, make sure you aren't under the galley. 2288 was quiet.

Edited by kona_wahine

We had 2288 on the Dream and loved it. We booked Breeze 2288 for our b2b cruise next month. I have a YouTube video if you want to get an idea. Just search carnival dream cove 2288 to view. If you do, make sure you aren't under the galley. 2288 was quiet.

we were just in 2288 on the Breeze. It's a nice room and the steward is very nice.

I loved the cove. We had 2294 on the Breeze. The location was perfect--under the dining room. Total silence all night, and when it's in use, you still don't hear much if anything, because of the carpeting & people don't stomp around in there. I would avoid being under the galley; too risky. Stay forward of the midship elevators to avoid the galley, and it seems that the further forward you go, the more you get that salt & sea spray issue that was mentioned earlier. So 2294 was the perfect spot: not under the galley & not too far forward, so the balcony didn't get very wet or salty.

We didn't see any fish or dolphins, but it was still nice being so close to the water. And I like looking down & seeing the water, which no other balcony on this ship has (all others look down & see a public deck sticking out on deck 5). I like the shade provided by lifeboats. It keeps the balcony from getting too hot & uncomfortable. After all, none of the balconies are going to let you get any kind of a tan (the sun's at too much of an angle at the times it hits the balconies, unless it's an uncovered one).

We have stayed in 2288 twice on the Dream and loved it.