Internet of Freedom Class

Travelling on FOS next month and just seen they offer a daily internet package (this wasn't an option last time we sailed 2 years ago). Apologies if this has been asked many times but what is the internet quality like on board? My husband is a financial trader and will be very happy if his bloomberg work at all times (me less so!!)

Basic web browsing/email is doable. Don't expect to rely on it for anything mission critical (lesson learned the hard way). You may notice slightly improved performance in early morning, late evening, port days, etc.

On a positive note, the support structures for the new Voom service are being installed on deck 12 as we speak.

Basic web browsing/email is doable. Don't expect to rely on it for anything mission critical (lesson learned the hard way). You may notice slightly improved performance in early morning, late evening, port days, etc.

On a positive note, the support structures for the new Voom service are being installed on deck 12 as we speak.

Wonderful news. Any idea when the Voom service will go into effect?

Travelling on FOS next month and just seen they offer a daily internet package (this wasn't an option last time we sailed 2 years ago). Apologies if this has been asked many times but what is the internet quality like on board? My husband is a financial trader and will be very happy if his bloomberg work at all times (me less so!!)

Your husband would be really happy sailing ships that have VOOM Internet like the Allure of the Seas. I was on this ship for 3 weeks during the crossing and never lost service. Typical ping rate was 280 ms and bandwidth was 25 meg. Just like being at home. During this cruise I met a day trader in the Diamond lounge who said he will only sail ships with VOOM Internet. I play a game called Wold of tanks Blitz and see my needs almost as serious, though I don't loose thousands if the Internet is slow like he will.

• 2 weeks later...
$20 per day for one device, $30 per day for two devices.

On the first day of my B2B (Sunday 2/7/16) it was priced at $15/day before C&A discount. I figured I'd wait until Monday, but it was back up to $20/day. I believe that is the standard Voom pricing, but obviously Voom wasn't installed yet.

Since my first account was active through the evening of Sunday 2/14, I made the mistake of not logging out of my account that day to check again for the $15 rate.

On the first day of my B2B (Sunday 2/7/16) it was priced at $15/day before C&A discount. I figured I'd wait until Monday, but it was back up to $20/day. I believe that is the standard Voom pricing, but obviously Voom wasn't installed yet.

Since my first account was active through the evening of Sunday 2/14, I made the mistake of not logging out of my account that day to check again for the $15 rate.

RCI = Really Consistently Inconsistent.;)

When it comes to the internet when you are at sea you cannot count on it always being there when you need it.

Keith

Voom internet on Anthem was very consistent and available at all times on our 12 night with 5 sea days January 3rd cruise.

Will be checking this out again staring Monday.