4 Cabo San Lucas

5 La Paz

6 Loreto

7 At Sea

8 Puerto Vallarta

9 At Sea

10 At Sea

11 Los Angeles

It was too cold to be on the water today, so we headed to the local winery to hear our friend's band. This blog has some nice pictures of the area:

http://winegirlblog.blogspot.com/2013/06/warwick-valley-winery-distillery.html

I love the fall colors and can't wait to go for a long country drive in a few weeks.

Edited by MJC
add info

We are glued to the hurricane news to see if our cruise is a go or no go . I guess it will be Wednesday before we know . We are driving to the port so we only have to make a last minute decision. I knew when I booked that Sept. is risky .Oh well I will at least have lots of ironed clothes and we will re book Cuba for a safer time .

Sally, I have my fingers crossed for you! I was just reading that the margin of error for the cone of possible paths, at five days out, is 200 miles. So at this point nobody really knows anything definitive.

I'm concerned for Laurie, won't they be arriving in PR just as Irma reaches the Caribbean?

Hey! Just a post while I have a few minutes down time. We left San Juan yesterday, and we are in St. Thomas right now. This is literally the hottest cruise I've ever been on so far. There is no discussion going on about Irma right now, but I've been nervous. I'm hoping the captain talks to us soon. I originally heard she was heading for San Juan mid week but I don't know the current status.

I just thought I'd jump in while I have a signal and let you know.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Sally, I have my fingers crossed for you! I was just reading that the margin of error for the cone of possible paths, at five days out, is 200 miles. So at this point nobody really knows anything definitive.

I'm concerned for Laurie, won't they be arriving in PR just as Irma reaches the Caribbean?

Thanks , I just hope it stays out of the gulf . I was also thinking about Laurie . Aren't some of her ports very southern so they should not be affected ?

Sally, I'm finally letting myself get excited about it. I booked our first excursion today, woohoo! It's the private whale shark snorkel from La Paz. I have plans for the other ports, but we are still debating what to do in San Diego. We really want to go to Palomar Observatory, but I don't know if I'm up for the 2 hour drive. The tie for second choice is either the famous zoo or visiting Coronado.

Margaret, the zoo is nice, but I love Coronado. Have high tea, lunch or a drink at the Del Coronado, beautiful old hotel. The beach always has tons of sand dollars & shells too

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just took a peek at Laurie's itinerary and they're at sea today, heading down to Aruba and Curacao for tomorrow and Thursday, so we can hope that she's well out of the way of the storm down there.

Sally, any news? On the RCI boards they're expecting some itinerary changes and cancellation announcements tomorrow for cruises leaving from the east coast, no news about Tampa. I just called my sister in Sarasota to check if they were preparing for bad weather, which they are.

I also hope Laurie is able to get home safely. I guess I'm not clear on where you are Sally. My SIL and BIL in St Pete are now driving to my SIL that is still in Atlanta. The University there (she teaches there) has closed beginning tomorrow through Sunday or Monday. I hope you are okay too Sally.

There's concern here...obviously, NC just declared a state of emergency also...and lots of comparisons being made between Irma and Hugo.