Escape: Vocal Overdrive replaces Million $ Quartet

CRAustin

FYI - Just got the email that M$Q is no longer on the Escape starting 3/5/16. I went into my account and it was still there with no option to replace with Vocal Over Drive. So I called and they replaced for me. I asked why would they not just move my reservation to the new show and the response was that NCL wouldn't know if that is what you wanted. Ok, well I would hate to not have it booked and then not be able to get in. Luckily, it was available same time and date.

Thought others might want to know you need to call and rebook you won't be moved, just cancelled.

Edited by CRAustin

I just got the email, too. A bit disappointed as I have no desire to see the new show. I wonder why they took Million Dollar Quartet off the lineup so soon?

I wish they would have replaced it with an actual musical theater show, but I'm guessing they might eventually. Someone posted elsewhere that For the Record will be moving to the big theater at some point. Not sure if that's true or not.

I just got the email, too. A bit disappointed as I have no desire to see the new show. I wonder why they took Million Dollar Quartet off the lineup so soon?

I wish they would have replaced it with an actual musical theater show, but I'm guessing they might eventually. Someone posted elsewhere that For the Record will be moving to the big theater at some point. Not sure if that's true or not.

Yes, it's true. The letter from NCL has been posted several times. For The Record is moving to the big theater. In order to make room, MDQ is moving to Getaway to replace Legally Blonde, and a new show will debut in the Supper Club in May on Escape, yet to be announced. In the meantime, that thing mentioned above is filling in.

Edited by LrgPizza

This really makes one hesitate to book in advance. Who knows what you will actually see. How can NCL justify replacing MDQ with an a Capella group? I'm sure they will be talented, but come on, what a downgrade.

MDQ is being replaced by For The Record, the John Hughes/Brat Pack show. The a Capella group is just a brief placeholder while they get things switched around, as described above. I guess NCL figured most people would think it's better than nothing in the interim. Maybe some don't feel that way though.

This really makes one hesitate to book in advance. Who knows what you will actually see. How can NCL justify replacing MDQ with an a Capella group? I'm sure they will be talented, but come on, what a downgrade.

Here's their FB page with a video link, if you want to check them

out>https://www.facebook.com/VOCALOVERDRIVE/timeline

Between Getaway and Escape ...I have seen all these shows ,I highly recommend MDQ the Jerry Lee Lewis guy is amazing ..he really belts those songs

The Jazz type show ...I think after midnight has so many participants that I amnot surprisedit isno longer playing ...there must havebeen over 30 different performers at any given time ...and their costumes were amazing .I think it was just too expensive to run long term ...I spoke to some performers who said their costumes were very expensive ....and so many changes during the show .Im not a jazz fan but itwas a very entertaining show .

Istill think Burn the Floor is wow ....such acrobatics by these dancers

I dozed off during Legally Blond ....too tired

The dinner show was ok .

I liked the Spanish trip and the tenors we had Las Vegas and Rock ...both were enjoyable

Since i amreturning to both Escape and Getaway im glad they are changing shows

Enjoy them all

Here's their FB page with a video link, if you want to check them

out>https://www.facebook.com/VOCALOVERDRIVE/timeline

Thanks for the link. Watched their promo video and don't think I could sit through a show. The background folks supposedly making the instrument sounds are far too loud and just making odd singing noises.

It's too bad, I've seen lots of great a Capella.

Between Getaway and Escape ...I have seen all these shows ,I highly recommend MDQ the Jerry Lee Lewis guy is amazing ..he really belts those songs

The Jazz type show ...I think after midnight has so many participants that I amnot surprisedit isno longer playing ...there must havebeen over 30 different performers at any given time ...and their costumes were amazing .I think it was just too expensive to run long term ...I spoke to some performers who said their costumes were very expensive ....and so many changes during the show .Im not a jazz fan but itwas a very entertaining show .

Istill think Burn the Floor is wow ....such acrobatics by these dancers

I dozed off during Legally Blond ....too tired

The dinner show was ok .

I liked the Spanish trip and the tenors we had Las Vegas and Rock ...both were enjoyable

Since i amreturning to both Escape and Getaway im glad they are changing shows

Enjoy them all

I believe you are mistaken about the jazz type show. After Midnight will continue as scheduled.