Spring TAs marketing strategy

Cruise Junky

All standard prices...they had your Reflection T/A balcony cabins at $749 for the last 4 days, as opposed to the Tuesday Special rate of $799, but they must have sold quite a few because the prices are now up to $624/$674/$949.

When balcony prices are LOWER than insides (or within $50) you KNOW there are HUGE numbers of empty cabins remaining.

Haven't checked their inventory in a couple of days since we can't take advantage of these itineraries/prices anyway... as Austrian and I are getting ready for the 35 night B2B on Explorer OTS.

Did you use the Jersey Girls? Get any OBC? How about shareholder? I know wanting OBC sounds greedy at these prices but...

I NEVER thought I'd see prices LOWER than my $449pp for the Reflection T/A two years ago... makes me wonder what's up.

I used the NH girls, got $125 plus $50 loyalty OBC plus John alerted me to the Valentine's package of wine, flowers and chocolate dipped strawberries. Have not applied for SH yet, just got back from our trip to Texas and New Orleans and Dallas to visit Brad and Gary!! The day Mark and Patti left! Whew! Need a breather before the TA!!

The Prices for us are not that much better, Equinox Today, C3 is going as GTY for Euro 2650.

We got a C3 on the sunny side in April 15 for Euro 2950 along with the ALL IN package, drinks, tips and 300 Us $ OBC .

I think our Price was OK.

happy cruising

The Prices for us are not that much better, Equinox Today, C3 is going as GTY for Euro 2650.

We got a C3 on the sunny side in April 15 for Euro 2950 along with the ALL IN package, drinks, tips and 300 Us $ OBC .

I think our Price was OK.

happy cruising

its the balcony guarantees that are going super cheap. Equinox is probably on the high side though compared to the others. I think I saw a balcony guarantee on Equinox for around $1,000 pp this morning. if you want a specific category it's a lot higher.

I used the NH girls, got $125 plus $50 loyalty OBC plus John alerted me to the Valentine's package of wine, flowers and chocolate dipped strawberries. Have not applied for SH yet, just got back from our trip to Texas and New Orleans and Dallas to visit Brad and Gary!! The day Mark and Patti left! Whew! Need a breather before the TA!!

I booked(Dec 2015) the NH girls, first time, Constellation April 2, TA, Category 6, OV. MANY on my Roll Call got Veranda upsell offers from their Travel Agents or Celebrity. I did not. I am left wondering if the NH office did not pass along the upsell, or perhaps I was not offered one?? I will never know. I have one more cruise booked with them, but, doubt I will book another.

Marie

I booked(Dec 2015) the NH girls, first time, Constellation April 2, TA, Category 6, OV. MANY on my Roll Call got Veranda upsell offers from their Travel Agents or Celebrity. I did not. I am left wondering if the NH office did not pass along the upsell, or perhaps I was not offered one?? I will never know. I have one more cruise booked with them, but, doubt I will book another.

Marie

I've wondered about that. I'm seeing that people are getting upsell offers and I was curious if those using a travel agent would get them as well. I am thrilled with our category X on the reflection TA, I doubt I would even consider an upsell. But in your situation I'd be upset not to get one. Very curious if it's the TA who's blocking it

Just speculating here ....... but, if you have a prime OV cabin (e.g., generally deck 3, mid-ship, nothing above or below that is potentially noisy, not by the elevators or service areas, etc.), Celebrity might offer an upsell if they are getting hounded for OV cabins like this.

They can very likely sell your current cabin for more than you paid for it and get you to shell out more bucks for an upgrade. It's all about the bottom line for Celebrity. If they can make a buck, they are on your side, if they can't they aren't

Edited by jbuch02

I've wondered about that. I'm seeing that people are getting upsell offers and I was curious if those using a travel agent would get them as well. I am thrilled with our category X on the reflection TA, I doubt I would even consider an upsell. But in your situation I'd be upset not to get one. Very curious if it's the TA who's blocking it

Just speculating here ....... but, if you have a prime OV cabin (e.g., generally deck 3, mid-ship, nothing above or below that is potentially noisy, not by the elevators or service areas, etc.), Celebrity might offer an upsell if they are getting hounded for OV cabins like this.

They can very likely sell your current cabin for more than you paid for it and get you to shell out more bucks for an upgrade. It's all about the bottom line for Celebrity. If they can make a buck, they are on your side, if they can't they aren't

I do have a prime Deck 3 location, imo 3112. I am very happy with it. I was very conflicted as to if I would even accept an upsell. This is why I did not contact my TA. Otherwise, I would have. Before the upsells started happening, I called the agency to see what their policy was for upsells. They assured me that when the cruise line notifies them(mainly by fax), they in turn contact the customer. Some on my same prime hallway, same pricing(military), booking after me, received offers. With that said, I am only Select. I am very happy with my location, and price paid. Again, this has me questioning using this agency again. MANY on my Roll Call were offered upsells. I find it very hard to believe, that I was not. I will never know.

Marie

I do have a prime Deck 3 location, imo 3112. I am very happy with it. I was very conflicted as to if I would even accept an upsell. This is why I did not contact my TA. Otherwise, I would have. Before the upsells started happening, I called the agency to see what their policy was for upsells. They assured me that when the cruise line notifies them(mainly by fax), they in turn contact the customer. Some on my same prime hallway, same pricing(military), booking after me, received offers. With that said, I am only Select. I am very happy with my location, and price paid. Again, this has me questioning using this agency again. MANY on my Roll Call were offered upsells. I find it very hard to believe, that I was not. I will never know.

Marie

I'll find this thread and post on it if I get an upsell call. If you don't see a post, that means I heard nothing. Since we are already in our preferred balcony location, the only thing I'd consider would be a suite! Not interested in CC or AQ at all, been there done that.

You don't book onboard then transfer to them?

No, we never book until after final payment date and depending on the deals that are out there. You can't transfer to a travel agent after final payment.

Just when I thought I had all the tricks figured out. :confused::confused::confused:

I'll try your technique for a 2018 eastbound TA when they become available. Thanks!

I'll find this thread and post on it if I get an upsell call. If you don't see a post, that means I heard nothing. Since we are already in our preferred balcony location, the only thing I'd consider would be a suite! Not interested in CC or AQ at all, been there done that.

Thank you!

Marie

No, we never book until after final payment date and depending on the deals that are out there. You can't transfer to a travel agent after final payment.

This kind of shopping makes a lot of sense given how the cruise lines are pricing their cabins (dynamically).

I've got six cruises on the books through January 2018. 4 of them - one B2B trans pacific out of Sydney, so I guess you could say 3 of them - booked on board at various times to take advantage of the perks in doing that. Of the others, 1 I booked at the Celebrity Web site and turned over to a TA, one I booked directly with that TA. IOW, all of them are now in the hands of TAs. It might seem I've burned some bridges doing this.

Once you are locked in with a TA, it appears from reading various threads on Cruise Critics wrt this issue, it is getting harder and harder to get upgrades or improve your pricing for what cabin you are currently booked. The complicated aspect of which Perks apply to a newly offered price and which don't makes it hard to cancel and rebook.

I think this is all part of strategy on the part of RCCL to stop cruisers from gaming the system. The system has gotten difficult to game. This is particularly true in the case of the TAs I use who are all representing on line Consolidators. These consolidators received discounted cabins or groups of cabins from Celebrity to begin with.

Despite some impressive pricing and perks offered in addition to what Celebrity offers with it's Good - Better - Best program and short term internet announced sales, I'm rethinking using these TAs as I might be better off managing my own bookings and working direct with Celebrity.