Raising prices again-This time SDP

leeker13

I wonder how many higher end cruisers are out there. I really liked NCL's ability to cater to both middle class and upper class with their ship within a ship concept.

Lady Anna

Time will tell. But I doubt NCL would suddenly change its business strategy without first doing the necessary due diligence and market research before hand. Losing some existing unhappy NCL cruisers is just part of the changeover costs and likely already factored into its new business plan.

Even though I too am frustrated by all the changes with NCL, and it has me considering booking back to Royal, Princess, Celebrity or Holland for my next cruise, I still cannot deny that in MOST cases - for me as a consumer - NCL will still deliver the lower overall out of pocket expense at the end of day.

I like longer cruises (10+ days), and consistently when I look at other lines if I add in the purchase of Beverage packages and specialty dining costs (or booking at GObetter with Celebrity with Bev package and onboard credit) NCL comes out significantly lower priced in almost every scenario. I like, and buy, beverage packages :D I typically book at least 4 night specialty dining. So these have tangible value to me personally.

That said, I am feeling an inherent distrust of the NCL brand at present and may be willing to pay more for my 2017 vacation to cruise with another line. I am booked on the Epic for this fall on her transatlantic and got a great deal. Unless they remove or cut back on the perks as booked/paid for I am happy with my TOTAL cost of trip (yes I paid the 18% on the bev/dining packages).

Only once I can compare ALL my options for fall/Winter 2017/18 will I decide what ship/brand I will cruise with. If Celebrity would only offer "GoBig,Better, Best" on transatlantics I know who would be my first, and probably, only choice :D

All the mainstream cruise lines are making changes - some for the good, some for the bad. They are looking to attract new, higher profit, consumers. They are more and more targeting Gen-X and Millennials. The Baby Boomers are less of their focus these days.

I wonder if NCL really is looking for us retirees who are able to take two long cruises a year, say a total of 60 days on board. They seem more interested in the short haul cruisers. Thank god for the long South America and Asia cruises, but there are only so many of them. We want the 20+ day cruises with lots of different ports and some restful sea days in between. We are running out of choices with NCL.