"No Frills" pricing?

I was surprised to be offered "no frills" pricing yesterday and it saved us a good amount of money upfront. I hadn't seen that offered before, does NCL offer this often?

Where did you see the "no frills" pricing?

Actually, there is a very easy way to get a "no frills" booking. It is called the AARP discount.

I don't drink so the beverage package doesn't mean anything to me, the speciality restaurants don't mean anything special to me(if I want to go to a steak house, I can do that at home), I would rather completely unplug so the internet package means nothing to me and the shore excursion perk won't be missed if I don't book excursions through NCL.

I book using the AARP discount, don't pick any of the perks and BINGO, instant "no frills"! And, yes, I know the discount only works for bookings 9 months or longer out.

Edited by momoftwinteens

The "no frills" rate is a special fare code that NCL is allowing only a handful of agencies to book and is for select sailings of the Breakaway, Getaway and Escape for 2016. It is NOT combinable with any other offers or promotions (free at see, 3/4 guests free, AARP, etc), is for guarantee bookings only (meaning you cannot pick your room category or location just type - inside, oceanview, balcony), and only available for double occupancy bookings.

This is different than NCL's "no promos within 30 days of sailing", which seems to only be a guideline, not a hard and fast policy as it is put in place on certain ships/departures and not others.

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72

The "no frills" rate is a special fare code that NCL is allowing only a handful of agencies to book and is for select sailings of the Breakaway, Getaway and Escape for 2016. It is NOT combinable with any other offers or promotions (free at see, 3/4 guests free, AARP, etc), is for guarantee bookings only (meaning you cannot pick your room category or location just type - inside, oceanview, balcony), and only available for double occupancy bookings.

This is different than NCL's "no promos within 30 days of sailing", which seems to only be a guideline, not a hard and fast policy as it is put in place on certain ships/departures and not others.

The offer is also currently available only for new bookings and the offer is capacity controlled and is set to expire March 15

Here are some sample rates for the "no frills" offer that is available through March 15. The rates are capacity controlled and can increase, but these are the current rates as of last night:

Breakway Apr 3

Inside $499

Ocean View $599

Balcony $699

Mini Suite $849

Escape Mar 19

Inside $399

Ocean View $499

Balcony $599

Mini Suite $749

Getaway Mar 13, 20, 27

Inside $449

Ocean View $549

Balcony $699

Mini Suite $849

Not sure if the offer is available through all agents, but if you shop around you should be able to find one.

I booked one of these no frills cruises months ago, Breakaway to depart this Sunday. Used my major credit card's travel department. The TA explained that they had booked a block of rooms way in advance. She could get me what was then current pricing with perks, but it was much higher. Well, later, when prices dropped on that cruise, she was able to get us perks and a better cabin at I think $180 pp by calling NCL. Definitely worked out for us!

On the major pricing site I looked online, it now lists the special as EXCLUSIVE Savings - Save HUNDREDS per person. The pricing that it gives you does not include any perks - it says you have to call for those. If you compare the pricing that it gives you online to ncl's pricing, it is a few hundred dollars less.

Sorry, I don't know how to PM here...

Edited by OneParticularHarbour 71