Birthday while on a cruise

reerun25

When I booked our Inspiration cruise there was a place to notify them of my DH's b-day. I also ordered the room decorations and small cake (yummy!) On his b-day he received a card from carnival and a card from our room steward, Manny. The card from Manny included $50 spa gift card, $25 off a bottle of wine card, and a free photo gift card. Then when we purchased some photos and redeemed that gift, they gave us a free photo book on shutterfly! I was pleasantly surprised by the gifts. It was our 1st ever Carnival cruise.

Thanks for all the responses.. My son will be turning 16, and it sounds like to be safe, I might want to order a cake ahead of time.. We have a large group cruising, so it will not go to waste...

I don't recall seeing the section or part asking about special occasions when sailing while doing the on-line check in, but will go back and look...

Was on the Pride for my birthday on Feb 7th. I received a small cake in the MDR and Happy Birthday (free), and a 50$ spa coupon and a 25$ wine coupon in my stateroom. Very nice!

A lot of people received the 50$ spa coupon for no reason...:D

JH had posted if you are cruising on your birthday you should make sure you state this on you check in document. They have a place for special occasion, this is how they identify that it is your birthday for the special something in your room.

On the Valor a couple of weeks ago lots of guys (possibly all) got the 50 dollar spa coupon which prominently said not transferable or would have gone to DW. As it was we transferred ours to circular file.

Does anyone know if you still get this if your birthday isn't actually during the cruise days? I indicated in the check in docs that I'm celebrating my birthday on this cruise but my birthday is 2 weeks before my sail date.

I have cruised on 6 birthdays (and getting ready to again). I have always received a cake at dinner and the staff sang to me. They have made me silly hats out of napkins too. Nothing in the room tho.

This was the night of my birthday on my Valor cruise last year. It was funny- the head waiter came over to our table after he served us the desserts we ordered and he made some small talk. We could tell he was stalling for something... then a few minutes later, the assistant waiter came over with the candles in the cake and they sang Happy Birthday to me :)

20056908208_7c8f44bd60_c.jpg

Does anyone know if you still get this if your birthday isn't actually during the cruise days? I indicated in the check in docs that I'm celebrating my birthday on this cruise but my birthday is 2 weeks before my sail date.

I'm wondering the same thing. Our cruise gets back April 3 but my DH birthday is April 12. I put that on the "are you celebrating a special occasion" section of my reservation, so I'm curious if he will get anything. I'm not really expecting anything, but it will put a nice smile on his face if he gets a card or something. :)

Thanks for all the responses.. My son will be turning 16, and it sounds like to be safe, I might want to order a cake ahead of time.. We have a large group cruising, so it will not go to waste...

I don't recall seeing the section or part asking about special occasions when sailing while doing the on-line check in, but will go back and look...

A little advice that may help...it's not during the online check-in process where you notate it. When you pull up your booking, you'll see four sections titled "My Itinerary", "My Activities", "My Guests", and "My Billing". You'll enter the occasion in the "My Guests" section.

Hope that helps! :)

We were on the splendor the first night my DH actual birthday we ate at the pinnacle they bought out a cake with a candle. A few nights later our waiters asked me if they could sing happy bday to him since they had missed his bday. Have no idea how they knew this! Out came another big piece of cake with candles! He did get a nice card from our room guy don't recall any coupons though.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app