Birthday while on a cruise

reerun25

Does Carnival do anything for someone's birthday if it falls during the cruise? Like for instance, at dinner, do they recognize the person or bring out a dessert for them, or do you need to place an order through Fun Shops prior to sailing to have a cake delivered to the dining room?

Does Carnival do anything for someone's birthday if it falls during the cruise? Like for instance, at dinner, do they recognize the person or bring out a dessert for them, or do you need to place an order through Fun Shops prior to sailing to have a cake delivered to the dining room?

The wait staff in the dining room will sing Happy Birthday as they bring out the dessert you bought for the celebrant. You can purchase the cake on line or aboard the ship.

I cruise often on my birthday. In fact, just last week I cruised for my birthday. The MDR waiters (if you eat there that night) will bring a dessert out with a candle in it and sing happy birthday to you. For some reason, last week they had the wrong day. They sang on Monday, and my birthday wasn't until Saturday. Not sure if the TA put in the wrong date or what.

Anyway, I've received a card -- a postcard type -- in my cabin on two cruises. Don't know why on the others I did not.

Cruised on the Liberty last week for my husband's birthday. There was a birthday card with coupons for a bottle of wine and a free picture. A cake was brought out and the waiters sang Happy Birthday. We were also on the Glory for my birthday and same thing happened

Cruised on the Liberty last week for my husband's birthday. There was a birthday card with coupons for a bottle of wine and a free picture. A cake was brought out and the waiters sang Happy Birthday. We were also on the Glory for my birthday and same thing happened

Very nice never heard of that happening before.

Waitstaff sang to me on last cruise...cabin steward wrote a birthday wishes on our cabin mirror and I received a carnival business card holder that had several coupons could for nice discount on wine and spa treatments...much more than I was expecting (I only have gold status so not like I'm a big time regular carnival cruiser)

Is this something new? We were on the Dream last year with two friends that had a birthday that week and they received nothing. We are cruising this month and my son will turn 7 while we are on the cruise. Do they do anything for kids too? For those of you that said they brought out a cake, did you pay and arrange it in advance or did they do it for no charge? I want to make sure he has a birthday cake but I don't want to buy one if they bring you one on your birthday for you. We definitely don't need two.

I also forgot to say that in addition to the birthday card (postcard) in my cabin, there was also a coupon for a free photo. I never got the picture, because I am unphotogenic :o

However, my friend in another cabin received a $50 coupon for a spa service, and it wasn't even her birthday.

Is this something new? We were on the Dream last year with two friends that had a birthday that week and they received nothing. We are cruising this month and my son will turn 7 while we are on the cruise. Do they do anything for kids too? For those of you that said they brought out a cake, did you pay and arrange it in advance or did they do it for no charge? I want to make sure he has a birthday cake but I don't want to buy one if they bring you one on your birthday for you. We definitely don't need two.

As for me, they only brought out a piece of cake. If you would like to order a whole cake, you can do so in advance at the fun shops and arrange for it to be delivered at the MDR for the birthday.

Very nice gesture.

I got the mirror notw and a $50 spa card. DH who's birthday was 2 weeks prior got the wine and photo coupons. My TA also ordered me a cake that was delivered to our table, as well as a small individual cake with candle for me.

Carnival has also just started totally at random giving promos to things are not moving in revenue as much as they would like, i.e, discount on wine or spa services, free picture from the photo gallery etc.

When you fill out your Fun Pass there is a spot/question on there that asks if you are celebrating anything the week of your cruise... Carnival is using that plus your DOB which of course is noted to send these promos to their guests...

Not everyone gets something, all just random and not all ships...

Was on the Pride for my birthday on Feb 7th. I received a small cake in the MDR and Happy Birthday (free), and a 50$ spa coupon and a 25$ wine coupon in my stateroom. Very nice!

A lot of people received the 50$ spa coupon for no reason...:D

JH had posted if you are cruising on your birthday you should make sure you state this on you check in document. They have a place for special occasion, this is how they identify that it is your birthday for the special something in your room.