Please help me decide...NOTS or FOTS

Trying to decide between Navigator and Freedom of the Seas for family of 4 with two boys ages 7 and 10. Navigator is a 5 night out of Miami and we could stay in a family panoramic ocean view for roughly the same cost as a category G ocean view cabin on the Freedom from FLL. Itineraries are: Nassau and Cozumel on Navigator vs Grand Cayman, Cozumel and Playa Maya. Would appreciate some feedback:)

Thanks

The ships are very similar except one thing your boys may enjoy is the flow rider on Freedom. I don't know how old you have to be to participate. Also on freedom is an aqua zone swimming area for kids. Regardless, both ships are great and the kids programs are great, too.

As far as ports, I definitely prefer Grand Cayman over Nassau any day. Swimming with the stingrays is one of the most memorable excursions my family has ever done. My daughters loved it.

We have not stayed in either of those types of staterooms, so I have no opinion on those.

And I think 5 days is too short, go for the 7!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by *CENSORED*

We have enjoyed both ships and would go on either again but cannot say which is better for school age kids. I always prefer longer cruises, and I prefer the ports on the longer itinerary here. For me, it is better to spend less on a cabin and more time cruising. However, only you know how you do with feeling more cramped in a smaller cabin. I would also favor a 7 day over a 5 day if it is in Spring Break season, as the five day is more likely to be a party cruise.

The only time I would choose the 5 day over the 7 day is if it were my first cruise and I was unsure if we were going to enjoy ourselves or if you were worried about someone getting seasick. If any of you has severe motion sickness in a car, you are more likely to experience sea sickness.

We would take 7 days over 5 anytime if the same price. You will have less room space but it's very likely the only time you will be in it is for sleeping anyway.

I will agree with my fellow Buckeye. I've done both ships and loved them both. This is a no lose. I would do the 7 day.