Freedom - Royal Family Suite perks

What are the suite perks on this ship?

I know the suite perks are changing in May but I think this only applies to Oasis and Quantum class ships. Any new/different perks for the other classes?

My kids will be 13 & 15 - do they have access to the CL 24/7?

Any little known perks that may not be listed on RCI website? (I know the info on their website is often incorrect, incomplete or not up-to-date:rolleyes:)

Thanks!

What are the suite perks on this ship?

I know the suite perks are changing in May but I think this only applies to Oasis and Quantum class ships. Any new/different perks for the other classes?

My kids will be 13 & 15 - do they have access to the CL 24/7?

Any little known perks that may not be listed on RCI website? (I know the info on their website is often incorrect, incomplete or not up-to-date:rolleyes:)

Thanks!

You are correct about the new Suite Perks being only for Quantum and Oasis class ships. No changes have been announced for the other classes of ships. I haven't read of any additional perks other than what is listed on the website. Kids on their own will most likely depend on the concierge.

You are correct about the new Suite Perks being only for Quantum and Oasis class ships. No changes have been announced for the other classes of ships. I haven't read of any additional perks other than what is listed on the website. Kids on their own will most likely depend on the concierge.

Ken, thanks for the info - do you know if the kids are allowed in the CL during the evening hours? I know in the DL they are not. But I seem to remember something about suite passengers complaining that their kids should have full access to the CL since they paid for the perk.....not sure if that's true though.

Ken, thanks for the info - do you know if the kids are allowed in the CL during the evening hours? I know in the DL they are not. But I seem to remember something about suite passengers complaining that their kids should have full access to the CL since they paid for the perk.....not sure if that's true though.

Yes they are. Even in the DL although it says they are not allowed it really depends on the ship, concierge and how many D, D+ are on board. Since we sail at Christmas and March break the lounges are usually very empty so our kids have had no problems joining us.

Do you know if we will need to get tickets for the ice show or do we just show up for the reserved seating?

When I was on Indy no tickets are needed. We showed up 20 minutes prior to the show and reserved seating was already full. Get there way earlier then we did!!! :o

The reserved seating on Indy for the ice show is quite small and it gets full very quickly. I would advise getting there earlier than you planned. On our last Indy trip a few years ago staff came round checking cards and a few embarrassed passengers had to vacate their seats. There's signs clearly saying that, so why do it ?

Edited by Mark-Sheffield

The reserved seating on Indy for the ice show is quite small and it gets full very quickly. I would advise getting there earlier than you planned. On our last Indy trip a few years ago staff came round checking cards and a few embarrassed passengers had to vacate their seats. There's signs clearly saying that, so why do it ?

We just got back last night from our Freedom cruise staying in the Royal Family Suite 9708. If you will be stopping in Grand Cayman, be sure to let the concierge know that you will be going on shore and he will arrange a meeting time to get you on an early tendor. Also, when coming back to the ship, if you do so after 2PM, there is a priority line for those with Gold cards. That was a nice perk. If you have any other questions, let me know and I'll be happy to answer them.

We just got back last night from our Freedom cruise staying in the Royal Family Suite 9708. If you will be stopping in Grand Cayman, be sure to let the concierge know that you will be going on shore and he will arrange a meeting time to get you on an early tendor. Also, when coming back to the ship, if you do so after 2PM, there is a priority line for those with Gold cards. That was a nice perk. If you have any other questions, let me know and I'll be happy to answer them.

Thanks. We will be doing the transatlantic on Freedom.

Was there any offerings in the CL for lunch? Food or drinks?

The CL offered breakfast items such as danish, donuts, fruit, meats, cheeses, juice, coffee, etc. At the Happy hour I believe between 4:30-8:30pm they had hor dourves consisting of appetizers (fried shrimp, spring rolls, chicken tenders, etc), truffles, chocolate covered strawberries, etc and an open bar. Bertie had no problem if you stopped down before dinner, grabbed a drink and took it with you. As suite guests, we were invited to a galley tour with one of the executive chefs - we toured deck 4 & 5 galleys. One other thing, we were invited to Vintages Wine bar to meet some of the officers. They served drinks and hor dourves. Just a FYI, if you are having any issues with your account, ask the concierge to help resolve the issue. We experienced an issue with missing OBC and he was willing to help resolve this. Also, if you have any type of special requests, feel free to email the concierge pre cruise. This cruise was my son's high school graduation gift and he wants to pursue a career in sound engineering. We email the concierge asking if he could spend some time with the head sound technician and he arranged this for us. My son was pretty excited to be able to run sound during one of the rehersals in the main theater. As far as meal offerings, you can eat each morning in Chops Grille. They have a menu you can order from or you can go get food from the Windjamer and take it in to eat. As for lunch, we either ate in the main dining room on sea days as they have a very nice salad bar and on port days, grab a quick bite from one of the various venues. One other perk that is nice, is you can order room service off the main dining room menu. We got back on the ship a little late on day and ordered from the dining room menu and it arrived very quickly.

Edited by jaak1008