Age Demographics of Oceania cruisers

Iamthesea

What's your age?  

258 members have voted

1. 1. What's your age?

Considering a mild search on the web shows not only my home address, what I paid for my house, my party affiliation (state law), age, rank, serial number, etc..., this poll was hardly an invasion of privacy....who cares? If you are that concerned, why even bother to comment.... Moving on.....

Considering a mild search on the web shows not only my home address, what I paid for my house, my party affiliation (state law), age, rank, serial number, etc..., this poll was hardly an invasion of privacy....who cares? If you are that concerned, why even bother to comment.... Moving on.....

Assume that anyone doing a "mild search" on the web at least knows your name. In terms of CC members, this is not the case. I, for one, do care about people that I am cruising with knowing my personal information (not only age). IMO, there is enough judgement (and prejudice) going on in this thread. If someone were truly the age that I indicated, the assumption would be that I don't understand the internet, am not up to date on electronics, etc.

BTW, I did not "bother to comment" until this thread resurfaced after a welcome respite. Obviously some people do care about the ages of the passengers and may not want to cruise on Oceania if the age skews too high or too low. I do not care about age - only about the attitude of the people that sail on Oceania (and, so far, they have been great!)

Edited by Travelcat2

As a former school librarian, I believe there is no such thing as too much information. The fact that one is posting on Cruise Critic is there for just that purpose as far as I'm concerned. I have gotten invaluable tips and suggestions from these boards and I hope I have helped others as well. As far as the age factor, I do believe it is somewhat influenced by the cruise length and itinerary. Shorter cruises and port intensive cruises will attract a younger demographic. That being said, Oceania attracts an older crowd in general. No one is being forced to divulge any private information on Cruise Critic. It was an optional poll. By the way, I am 73 and my husband is 78. We have felt totally "at home" on the Oceania cruises we have taken!