Playa Palancar or Money Bar?

Koshlong

Our stay in Cozumel is from about 11:00 am to 11:00 pm, so an -AI doesn't make much sense.

We're looking at Playa Palancar or the Money Bar. Can you give me some information to help us decide....costs, food and drink menus, open hours, costs to get there, swimming?

Thanks!

http://moneybarbeachclub.com/

Money bar is closer by far - about $10 cab fare each way compared to $25+ each way to Playa Plancar. PP is farther away than most of the popular beach clubs and is rarely crowded because of the distance and cab fare. Make arrangements with the cab driver who brings you there for your desired pick-up time.

Most of the Coz beach clubs close about 5:00 or so; when do you cruise? :confused: Sooner or later, even on Coz, it gets dark. :rolleyes:

With your port hours I would look at hitting the beach or snorkeling for a few hours, then get cleaned up and head downtown for dinner and drinks.

I've been to money bar twice. It's very easy to swim and snorkel there. There are steps down to the water. There's not a beautiful beach there like some of the resorts further away, but the snorkeling is better at Money Bar. The food was good. The waiter is a really nice, hard worker. It wasn't crowded when I was there.

Some of the other resorts have an all inclusive price and an a la cart price. Like Mr. Sanchos.

Not sure why an AI doesn't make sense if you're there from 11AM to 11 PM.. All beach clubs close between 5 and 6PM Coz time, which is Eastern Standard Time (GMT+5). No shift to DST. So currently Coz time is the same time as in NOLA or Galveston, and an hour behind Tampa and Miami.

Small beach, good snorkeling--Money Bar (or Playa Corona near by);

Larger natural beach, snorkeling off shore but kayaks and maybe SUPs now, plus quieter--no water toys for children-- Playa Palancar.

Both have good food good service.

We love the Money Bar! We will be in Cozumel this Saturday for the third time.

We will definitely go to the Money Bar. The food and drinks are great and reasonable, the snorkeling is wonderful and the cab fare is cheap there and back.

They play awesome 80's music!

We love the Money Bar! We will be in Cozumel this Saturday for the third time.

We will definitely go to the Money Bar. The food and drinks are great and reasonable, the snorkeling is wonderful and the cab fare is cheap there and back.

They play awesome 80's music!

Palancar gets my vote everytime. The fact that most people here on CC don't talk about it a lot is probably why I like it. Never seen it crowded in the 8 times we've been there. No fee to enter and we've never been asked to buy anything although we usually get drinks at least. The food is very good and reasonably priced. It's a $25 taxi ride for up to 4 people.

1886484846_291(1024x768).jpg.c420512b628c2031c59f9099faa41e66.jpg

131602617_294(1024x768).jpg.70d5c44ff5e98c9375f4337ef4868ee1.jpg

941185_10151579930879635_1537165690_n.jpg.cba87c90b679b9ece6951a094bc81430.jpg