5 night from Florida?

flarocket

If you can only go on a 5 night and only from a Florida port Which ship would you go on? Oh Port Canaveral or Tampa first choice than the rest in no order

no kids two active adventurous adults/seniors

TIA

If you can only go on a 5 night and only from a Florida port Which ship would you go on? Oh Port Canaveral or Tampa first choice than the rest in no order

no kids two active adventurous adults/seniors

TIA

I would choose Tampa first, because I am used to that area. We had a condo in St Petersburg for many years, and I like Tampa, and Tampa airport, took two cruises out of Tampa...so Tampa first choice.

Port Canaveral, I have never been, but would love to, because Magic will be sailing from there, and after my next cruise, (Splendor, Miami), that is the cruise that I hope to do in 2017.

Third, would be Port Everglades/Fort Lauderdale, and then Miami. it actually a toss up between PE and Miami, love them both, with a slight edge to Fort Lauderdale because of flights and hotels.

Victory out of Canaveral. Bigger ship than Sensation.

I have been on both...Sensation in 2000 for a 7 day out of Tampa, and Victory for a 5 day in 2015 out of Miami. Loved them both, but I am not sure which one I preferred over the other. Ship wise, loved them both, but think that the 5 day cruise was a little more "wild" than the 7 day one. LOL. But I was a lot younger in 2000:D

We had a 5 night booked for May out of Port Canaveral on the Valor going to Amber Cove, DR and Grand Turk. That would be my choice again because of the ship and the destinations. Need a break from Nassau and Cozumel.

Dead last on my list of Carnival ships is the Sensation.

We had a 5 night booked for May out of Port Canaveral on the Valor going to Amber Cove, DR and Grand Turk. That would be my choice again because of the ship and the destinations. Need a break from Nassau and Cozumel.

Dead last on my list of Carnival ships is the Sensation.

Tapi, respectfully....I know you had a bad time on the Sensation. I remember your description of your experience. And yes that was terrible.

I was on Sensation wayyyy back in 2000, and had an awesome time, but that is not the point of my post. Last year, I took a 5 day on the Victory out of Miami, just because it was the only cruise that I could afford last year, and did not have a lot of vacation time. But every cruise review came in saying it was a crappy ship, rust bucket, tub, full of drunks and low lifes. Well I was a bit worried, but, as it was the only cruise that fit my time schedule, I went with it. And guess what? It was pretty close to what I experience on all my Carnival cruises. A little more boisterous, yes, it was, but still lots of places to find some quiet time. And I loved that cruise, and the ship too.

Just saying,,,Sensation was definitely a bad cruise for you, and most likely some others, but it does not mean that the ship, and her current cruises are as nasty as your experience.

I had a somewhat unpleasant experience on my one and only cruise on Celebrity, but I don't write off that ship or line because of it.

Sorry...I know I get long winded sometimes, and I do respect your opinions and posts most of the time here on CC, but just want to say that Sensation does get some nice reviews these days....ok...sorry, I have gone on long enough.

Edited by SMSACE6

I had no complaints about Sensation, except that it was only three days and full of large family groups frantically trying to pack as much fun and togetherness out of three days...

Please don;t forget there is a ship out of Jacksonville that does five days. Nassau and Freeport or Half Moon Cay. EM

Tapi, respectfully....I know you had a bad time on the Sensation. I remember your description of your experience. And yes that was terrible.

I was on Sensation wayyyy back in 2000, and had an awesome time, but that is not the point of my post. Last year, I took a 5 day on the Victory out of Miami, just because it was the only cruise that I could afford last year, and did not have a lot of vacation time. But every cruise review came in saying it was a crappy ship, rust bucket, tub, full of drunks and low lifes. Well I was a bit worried, but, as it was the only cruise that fit my time schedule, I went with it. And guess what? It was pretty close to what I experience on all my Carnival cruises. A little more boisterous, yes, it was, but still lots of places to find some quiet time. And I loved that cruise, and the ship too.

Just saying,,,Sensation was definitely a bad cruise for you, and most likely some others, but it does not mean that the ship, and her current cruises are as nasty as your experience.

I had a somewhat unpleasant experience on my one and only cruise on Celebrity, but I don't write off that ship or line because of it.

Sorry...I know I get long winded sometimes, and I do respect your opinions and posts most of the time here on CC, but just want to say that Sensation does get some nice reviews these days....ok...sorry, I have gone on long enough.

We LOVED our 1/2016 Sensation cruise. We had no expectations, but I was really impressed with the crew and the entertainment. Would said her again in a heartbeat!

We also loved Sunshine, which other people did not. Guess it depends on what you look for in a cruise experience.

You're right. And thanks for that reminder. I'm the first one that comes here to preach not to judge one ship or one cruise line based on a single experience, yet here I am doing the same exact thing. So shame on me. [emoji850] Yes, my experience on the Sensation was unique (which is probably why alarms go off in my head every time I hear the word Sensation) but I have to somehow learn to separate the ship with the one time experience. Maybe I SHOULD sail on her again! [emoji848].

For me, the best example of not judging one ship based on one experience is the Fascination. Sailed on her 4 times, from Miami and Jacksonville, on 3, 4 and 5 night itineraries. And every time the experience has been substantially different.. From absolutely one of the most fun cruises ever, to average. And so many factors influenced the varying experience.

Thanks for keeping me in check, and don't hesitate to do it again if you see me doing it again. If there's one thing that I've developed over the years here at Cruise Critic is a thick skin! [emoji3]

Edited by Tapi