Kids Sign and Sail account question

besito20

We leave on the Freedom this Saturday and I'm hoping anyone here can help me out answering this question...

My 10 and 8 yr old have been saving up money and want to be able to add their money to their sign and sail account. I don't want to link their cards to ours as arcade games and money have no limits for them. ;)

Does anyone know if I could add a specific amount and just let it be that? (It runs out when it runs out.)

Thanks! :)

Not sure but I think I read on a thread that you can set up a limit on their card once onboard at guest services desk. I plan on doing that with our gson when we sail on Liberty next month. Online checkin I did not authorize his card to charge so I can set it up onboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We leave on the Freedom this Saturday and I'm hoping anyone here can help me out answering this question...

My 10 and 8 yr old have been saving up money and want to be able to add their money to their sign and sail account. I don't want to link their cards to ours as arcade games and money have no limits for them. ;)

Does anyone know if I could add a specific amount and just let it be that? (It runs out when it runs out.)

Thanks! :)

I didn't do it when I sailed, however, I do remember that I was told at the guest services desk you can set up a daily limit an a child's SSC.

Edited by 65stang

I was told the arcade has no limit - I'm trying to confirm that right now. (It has a $75 per day amount, but that can be raised.) If there is $1 on the card limit, it will let them spend in the arcade.

I'm a little worried but my kids are pretty responsible (10 and 7 year olds at least) so I'll try to keep an eye out and see what happens.

Thank you so much for asking about this and for the answers! I'm so appreciative of all the information and tips I have gotten here. We sail Sunday with our 2 kids and when I set up the accounts I did not give them charging priviledges. I didn't want outrageous charges however..... Our DD 17 whom has some of her own money and wants to put some on her account to be able to use and our DS 12 has a bit too....( Their grandparents have been super generous for this trip for them)

I want to allow a bit for them to spend but I don't want outrageous charges (ie $50 at the arcade at once) and our DS will need a bit of guidance so limits will certainly help him. ;)

The Carnival website lets you set limits for each linked person on your cruise. It's a great feature. You set the max amount and their card gets "denied" so to b speak, if they hit their limit.

I'm taking the whole family on Royal Caribbean in July. They DON'T have that ability. I have to go through a process to make it happen . They should take a page from Carnival!

I went back onto the carnival website and for minors my only choice was yes they can have charging privileges or no they can't:confused:...... Could someone tell me how to set up a limit for them? or does it need to be done on board at guest services? Thanks so much in advance for your help :)

I went back onto the carnival website and for minors my only choice was yes they can have charging privileges or no they can't:confused:...... Could someone tell me how to set up a limit for them? or does it need to be done on board at guest services? Thanks so much in advance for your help :)

I don't think you can do it online but I was able to do it on our cruise through the kiosk.

Did you book online with Carnival or use a travel agent?

I booked with Carnival and when I did the online check in there was a screen that allowed me to set spending limits for each passenger.

If you booked through a travel agent you may have to have them make any changes to your reservation.

When you say set a daily limit, do you mean simply by adding money? I don't really consider that setting a limit. Just rationing out what you give them access to spend, which is exactly what we did last year with our kids. I was hoping; however, that you could place a lump sum on their own folio #s, then have a limit set daily where it would stop allowing charges when and if that limit was reached. That is not possible. I know I asked on here several times in the past and was told it couldn't be done like that. Sure enough on our last cruise (Sunshine) we "limited" their spending by adding money as needed. We used the kiosks, and it wasn't a big deal at all. But it would be great if you could actually set a limit so you can just load money to their folio #s once.

For those saying they did that, what ship were you on? We were told nothing like that is possible. Either way, their card does not have to be tied to mom & dad's. They can have access their own funds only. You just have to manage it yourself.

On both the Miracle and Breeze we put a lump sum on the kids cards, and set the limit at $10 a day. The card would not allow them over the $10, worked great. I never went back to guest services once, and at the end of the cruise their itimized bill was included with mine, never over the $10 per day, and the small remaining amount was added back to my account. All very easy and perfect!

On both the Miracle and Breeze we put a lump sum on the kids cards, and set the limit at $10 a day. The card would not allow them over the $10, worked great. I never went back to guest services once, and at the end of the cruise their itimized bill was included with mine, never over the $10 per day, and the small remaining amount was added back to my account. All very easy and perfect!

Definitely not the case on all ships. I wish. We go on the Magic in August. I'll see how that works out.

I have always just paid everything on my card for my DD (8) ASAbut this one I am taking her and our 16 year old neighbor. I am planning to give them a daily allowance as he is going along to help with her and knowing those two they will be hitting the theater, arcade, slides etc. I would like to make sure that I give them enough. I know my DD will be in Camp Ocean a lot but is $20 a day each enough for them if they have unlimited theater and Bottomless Bubbles? Or should it be more/less? I handle the big stuff! Thoughts????

Regarding arcade games - does anyone know how much each game is? Do they vary by specific game? That would make a difference for us about how much to put on their cards or set their limits.

Thanks for all the info on this thread; it's been a lifesaver!