Review Liberty Of The Seas 3/6 -3/13 2016

I think a lot of people have not felt happy with the Liberty... not sure what the problem is but I heard a lot of pinnacles have cancelled their sailings on that ship. Sure do miss the Nav. and the Mariner.. loved the good old days. Still love the Texas people. Just hard to be on a ship that is not welcoming.

I think a lot of people have not felt happy with the Liberty... not sure what the problem is but I heard a lot of pinnacles have cancelled their sailings on that ship. Sure do miss the Nav. and the Mariner.. loved the good old days. Still love the Texas people. Just hard to be on a ship that is not welcoming.

I am currently sailing on LB. I think the ship is wonderful with so many things to do for families. The shows are a step above the Voyager class. I would highly recommend this ship to those that aren't PC or high D+. I have previously ( in November) commented the ship was Pinnacle unfriendly because they did not extend the Gold card benefits to PC as other ships do. On this cruise I think it's not PC friendly or unfriendly. It's just blah. They have done away with the Suite Luncheon that is so nice on NV, SR and other ships. I am one that has changed a LB reservation to another ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I completely sympathize with your wife's reaction to the product-pushing Steiner presses their staff to do. I always say that I am only interested in services and not products. If there is any mention of products after that, their gratuity is impacted. On a recent Allure voyage, the hairdresser shared with me that he was not going to request another contract because of the requirement that they foist products on passengers during treatment.

I also had the "bit off" sense on our transatlantic crossing. The first few days were very chilly - later the passenger' moods appeared to improve as the weather became warmer. I dislike the constant hawking of products as well as the passengers who grapple and push as though it's the first $5 t-shirt they have ever seen. I felt that this and the staff's overt requests for positive reviews demean the cruise experience.

We are on the LOS one month from today with a young child. I selected the ship for the DreamWorks Experience and autism-friendly programming. I hope and anticipate that we will all have a great time.

Just have to say that I was on Liberty last week and found it very welcoming. It was our first RCCL cruise, though not our first cruise, so maybe we saw it all through relatively innocent eyes? Our 8 year old son with special needs was treated particularly well by all the crew.

It seems to take a bit to get a ship accustomed to Texans lol. When we were on Rhapsody during hurricane Ivan and 40 ft waves, James was out CD. He told us they had no plans to start up events that next morning after the mayhem. But he told the Captain. " these crazy Texans are ready to party, we better get going lol"

We will be on Liberty in June. Hope it's tweeted by then 😄

On the Navigator on the last sea day they had a tour of the galley, from a waiters point of view with a fabulous lunch after the tour. All the specialty restaurants cooked dishes and the desserts were to die for. It was $35 and the head waiter started "selling" it middle of the cruise at dinner. Do you know if they offer this on the Liberty? I would do this again in a heart beat!

We heard some, not enough to bother us because we came in late every night.

Coming back to the room during the day we occasionally had to ask people to move so we could get to our door. Our room, being right at the hall/elevator entrance is apparently a great place to have discussions before people would go their separate ways. Never a problem but something we noticed. . Luckily we are both heavy sleepers in the morning and it never woke us up.

You stay out late enough, drink too much and have too much fun it's funny how things don't bother you that might usually. Great question !!

Haha-thanks. We will be in the same cabin but starboard side when we cruise in September. I think we'll take the trade off to be close to the elevators plus we like the hump. :)

Some people state on the Mystic Mountain tour you have to eat at their restaurant and this takes 2 hours. Can you confirm?

We did the Mystic Mtn tour on one of our Disney cruises, and ate lunch there at a peak time. We were done in about 30 minutes. You go through a line to get your food, pay at the register and find a seat, quick and easy. The jerk chicken was great but if you don't like spicy, tell them to put the sauce on the side. Our kids got hot dogs and those were disgusting, it was a good thing we brought Uncrustables from the ship.

This was one of our favorite excursions ever, we had a ton of fun. Highly recommend it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

On the Navigator on the last sea day they had a tour of the galley, from a waiters point of view with a fabulous lunch after the tour. All the specialty restaurants cooked dishes and the desserts were to die for. It was $35 and the head waiter started "selling" it middle of the cruise at dinner. Do you know if they offer this on the Liberty? I would do this again in a heart beat!

i do not know if this is offered on Liberty, sorry.

We are traveling in October our first RC cruise, we will be on LOS. We have booked a Grand Suite, can anyone tell me how the Suite Lounge works and what other perks we will have?

Edited by claudiacollins

We are traveling in October our first RC cruise, we will be on LOS. We have booked a Grand Suite, can anyone tell me how the Suite Lounge works and what other perks we will have?

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

You will have these suite perks:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentWithHero.do?pagename=enhanced_program_for_suite_guests

The Suite Lounge offers complimentary hot/cold snacks, soda, selected beers and wines, and basic mixed drinks during the nightly cocktail period, generally from 5pm to 8:30pm. If early traditional dinner is at 5:30pm, then the cocktail period will be 4:30pm to 8pm.

The Suite Lounge also offers 24-hour complimentary specialty coffee.

You will also have the services of the Suite Concierge, who can help with excursions, specialty restaurant reservations, spa reservations, cabanas, etc.

Edited by clarea

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

You will have these suite perks:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentWithHero.do?pagename=enhanced_program_for_suite_guests

The Suite Lounge offers complimentary hot/cold snacks, soda, selected beers and wines, and basic mixed drinks during the nightly cocktail period, generally from 5pm to 8:30pm. If early traditional dinner is at 5:30pm, then the cocktail period will be 4:30pm to 8pm.

The Suite Lounge also offers 24-hour complimentary specialty coffee.

You will also have the services of the Suite Concierge, who can help with excursions, specialty restaurant reservations, spa reservations, cabanas, etc.

Thank you! I hadn't heard of the speciality coffee available 24 hours! Do you know if they have sodas available 24 hours as well? And do they have Dr. Pepper on the ship?

Thank you! I hadn't heard of the speciality coffee available 24 hours! Do you know if they have sodas available 24 hours as well? And do they have Dr. Pepper on the ship?

The Suite Lounge does not offer 24-hour complimentary soda. Not sure about Dr. Pepper, having Coke products, Royal usually has Mr. Pibb.

The Suite Lounge does not offer 24-hour complimentary soda. Not sure about Dr. Pepper, having Coke products, Royal usually has Mr. Pibb.

Are you allowed to take your drinks out of the lounge?

This is our first Royal cruise. I have only cruised Disney before so everything is very new to me.

Are you allowed to take your drinks out of the lounge?

This is our first Royal cruise. I have only cruised Disney before so everything is very new to me.

I've not yet experienced the Suite Lounge on Liberty, so I don't know how they are handling it. On Oasis, they did not care if you took your drink out of the lounge. It seems to me that since the advent of the nightly drink vouchers, they no longer care so much about drinks leaving the lounge.

claudiacollins - you will find both china and paper cups (for take away) next to the expresso machine.

glamourpup - glad to hear that you found the staff welcoming and kind to your special needs child. We are also traveling with a 5-year old child with autism.

Maureen

Edited by mringenoldus

Did not have problem leaving concierge lounge with full drink or glass of wine on Navigator either. Is Liberty suite lounge for suite passengers or do diamond plus still have access??.

Last I heard, Diamond Plus were losing access soon, may be already.

Did not have problem leaving concierge lounge with full drink or glass of wine on Navigator either. Is Liberty suite lounge for suite passengers or do diamond plus still have access??.

Oh I have so much to learn....D+? I thought I saw somewhere they had 2 different lounges?

Oh I have so much to learn....D+? I thought I saw somewhere they had 2 different lounges?

Currently, Liberty has two lounges:

Diamond Lounge: for Diamond level and higher C&A members.

Suite Lounge: for guests in GS or better staterooms, and Diamond Plus and higher C&A members.

There have been reports that the Suite Lounge will be eliminating the Diamond Plus access soon, but nothing official from Royal yet.